Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have to present my four page paper to my English class of about 30 kids on Thrusday. I'm second to present. I hate public speaking in general, but to make it worse, the kid that I have a massive crush on is front row center. I want to tell my English teacher that I have SA, but I don't want her to think I'm using an excuse. I also don't know if she would give me any exercises to help me. And then there's the small matter of being scared to speak to her even though she's my favorite teacher. Any thoughts as to how I can make myself:
A) Not so nervous
B) Do well at presenting
Thanks!

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Or don't go to class that day :)

I think if you told your teacher then they'd understand.

I remember high school all too well. I just refused to do any type of oral presentation. In retrospect I'm sure that made me look even more stupid because I was the only one saying 'No' when it was my turn. Oh well :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Imagine them all in their underwear? haha.

Umm...Try not to go too fast, remember to breathe, glance at the class every now and again, (if you don't think you'd lose your place/train of thought). Plan well, but leave room for flexability. Relax.

Really I don't have much advice. It's been about three years since I had to do anything like that. But I remember it wasn't so bad in the end.

If you really don't think you can do it, try talking to your teacher, but if you think you can do it, great.

Good luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts