Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or basicly a yearlong stage of only negative symptons, just social anxiety, ocd and depression can relate to predromal shizophrenia, or it can be just that, hard to figure out.

I beleive i'm in some prespychotic phase because of the treatments for that appear to be all helping me, also its worth nothing most people dont ever progress to shizophrenia, but anyway here's an interesting paper, wich i highly suggest for those that have paradoxal drug reactions or are treatment resistant, its definatly an option worht exploring for several individuals, as you can relate to shizophrenia even if you arent shizo at all and just have some negative symptons.
Prepsychotic phase of schizophrenia and related disorders: recent progress and future opportunities

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Antipsychotics on their own make me feel horrible, they only help me in combination with a stimulant ( a low dose atypical combined with a stimulant like amphetamine works great for both positive and negative symptons).
In my case amphetamine cures me of ocd, sa and ADHD, however it induces bad paranoia, and thats where the antipsychotic helps with, paranoia is a positive sympton.

This is my current regime:
500mg curcumin
5mg lexapro
3x 20mg time released ritalin
0,5mg risperdal x2
100mg minocycline x2

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your symptons are relevant to this i highly recommend:

NAC: 2-4 gram a day
A low dose atypical like 1mg risperdal
A stimulant like amphetamine
A low dose of lexapro 2,5mg or 5mg

Would be a excellent regime for most.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SA, ocd, depression etc is part of the negative symptons of shizophrenia, however antipsychotics mostly only work for positive symptons (paranoia, delusions, psychosis etc).

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
This has been my line of thinking since the first time I've heard a description of psychosis. (sounds familiar!) SA and psychosis are basically the same, both revolve around completely delusional/paranoid thinking. While the schizo will think he is being observed by aliens, we feel we are being observed by other people.

From that I also gather that stimulants as a solution are a non-solution.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This has been my line of thinking since the first time I've heard a description of psychosis. (sounds familiar!) SA and psychosis are basically the same, both revolve around completely delusional/paranoid thinking. While the schizo will think he is being observed by aliens, we feel we are being observed by other people.

From that I also gather that stimulants as a solution are a non-solution.
It depends, shizophrenia is both positive and negative symptons

SA can be caused by positive symptons (being paranoid ppl talk about you)
But also by negative symptons (feeling uncomfortable around ppl, lack of reward from talking)

First will be treated by a antipsychotic, the second by amphetamine, interesting to know the combination of a antipsychotic with amphetamine is a ideal treatment for shizophrenia as it treats both positive as negative symptons.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's also SA unrelated to anything shizophrenia like, those benefit mostly from gabaergics.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stimulants can help a person become more social and motivated but at the same time more anxious and paranoid/irritable..this is why a downer is needed..
Or a low dose of a atypical, its basicly just negative symptons being treated while at the same time positives increase due to D2 agonism, but due to the long term effects of atypicals, i agree a gabaergic is better but those arent sufficient in more severe cases.

Its important to keep in mind the possibility of having prepsychotic shizophrenia in those cases, going shizophrenic can be a long 8 year process, but as long your in the predromal phase you can halt or even reverse progression.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i wonder how many people with severe or even mild cases of SA were institutionalized in the 40s and 50s and given the label 'paranoid schizophrenic'..?
Well avoidant personality disorder was only later on seen as a seperate disorder from shizophrenia.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you have any experience taking DHEA?. I have been reading a bit on it and I might give it a try.
No but i'm highly interested, i'l probably be trying sarcosine with d aspartic acid first.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts