• and I like my work

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just woundering...

As far as I know,, seeing them is very common in the US,, but Why??

We don't c any in this country,,, but my friend is one of therm in college,, he do nothing really! lolol:clap

BTW, those Preachers (those young in colleges,Streets) make money? get money??

what make those people spend all that time trying to make people listen to them? or it's their stronge Faith and God Love!!!! it looks like a full time job

===================
Share us ur experiance with them????Do u open ur doort to them?? do u ignore them??? etc...

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Yes, I open the door when the mormons come knocking, but as soon as I realize it is them when I open the door I politely tell them now isn't a good time.

Maybe I should start knocking on christian's doors and preaching atheism?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You should limit the poll options; they're way too many and they overlap :)

But I would politely tell them I am not interested in their religion.

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should limit the poll options; they're way too many and they overlap :)
ops,, sorry,, but really want to know how people feel/deal with them ;)

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I open the door when the mormons come knocking, but as soon as I realize it is them when I open the door I politely tell them now isn't a good time.

Maybe I should start knocking on christian's doors and preaching atheism?
off topic,, as I noted while searching that those mormons r soo active, woundering y??

, and it seems most americans don't accept their faith,,

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I don't think street preachers get paid. But big-time TV preachers and preachers in Churches are supported by their followers and congregation.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
off topic,, as I noted while searching that those mormons r soo active, woundering y??

, and it seems most americans don't accept their faith,,
Every religion doesn't accept other religions. That is how religion works, even if it is a branched version of christianity like mormonism, catholic, etc. The reason why many american's don't like mormonism over catholics for example is more a testament to it simply being a more popular one to "dislike" seemingly, and also because radical claims that stick out like the idea that they marry 8 wives or something, which isn't the case. But in my opinion, which seems evident to me at least, people will typically flock to what they were raised to believe and stick with that. Certain sects of christianity within america are more than others simply because more americans were raised under that specific branch of religion. People don't switch religions as much as people think they do, or even branches for that matter, which further proves it's a secular-raised/cultural thing.

My dad was a missionary mormon, which is why we get so many knocks on the door by them. They do not call because success rate is higher if they don't my dad says. Also, they preach so much because they want to convert people because it is basically a sin not to they believe. They do not take money.

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
Don't answer the door because i don't feel like hearing it. If they catch me outside i'll listen to them for 2-3 minutes and find a nice way to leave.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Depends on the religion. Mostly mormons and jehova's witnesses though. I like to mess with them. Pretend to be a satanist, or act like a retard when they come to my house.

·
Registered
800 Posts
No I don't open the door. I just let the signs do their work (No door 2 door salesmen/Rottweiler on duty).

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I am already a Christian and keep up with my faith. They wouldn't need to tell me anything.

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
I am already a Christian and keep up with my faith. They wouldn't need to tell me anything.
But there are many kinds of Christianity, you might be doing it wrong.

·
Banned
2,173 Posts
the fastest way to get rid of preachers is to tell then that you already follow their religion. I've personally found this to be very effective.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
From past experience, I can safely say that it's pretty hard to escape once you've got them started so I don't bother answering the door anymore.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Nobody knocks on my door, but I've been approached by Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses in the street. The JWs are always quite brief, in my experience. They usually just want to give a synopsis of Jesus, hand over the Watchtower magazine, and let you go on your way.

But the Mormons I've met want to come to my house and talk to me with the book. They always seem like perfectly nice people but there's not much point in talking to them any longer than it takes me to say that I'm not interested in the message, thanks.

I'm polite, always, but I've never come across anyone exceedingly pushy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts