Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey forum,
I have university tomorrow and I can't stop stressing about it. I only have two lectures - all I have to do is sit and listen, yet it still really stresses me out. And it's not like my first time or anything. I'm toward the end of my second semester. I always get stressed about going to uni, to the point that I stay up 'til the early hours of the morning (I put off sleep because it brings the next day faster!). As a result, I am always so tired in the morning. Also, when I get nervous/anxious, I get an upset stomach, like I need to go to the toilet. :blush: It pretty much lasts the whole outing until I'm home again, which sucks because it's really uncomfortable. >_< :( :( Can anyone relate? Also, any tips not to feel stressed? :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
Are you able to identify anything explaining why you are stressed about attending lectures? You describe the psychological and physical symptoms, but make no mention of the cause(s).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure... I just don't feel comfortable when I'm not at home. Being in public is tense. I guess I feel like I'm always being watched or something. >_>

·
Registered
310 Posts
I always feel like the invisible man in public. :b People aren't watching you as much as you think. They might give you one look, if that, and then move on with their lives. No-one will waste the time and energy watching you and making judgements.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I also get terrible bouts of anticipatory anxiety, anywhere from hours to months (if it's something big, like being best man in a wedding as I had to deal with recently!) in advance of an event. Even something as small as having to step out the front door can sometimes trigger it.

How to cope with it or get rid of those feelings? No real suggestions here (I still struggle), just relating to your problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ I'm (selfishly?) glad to not be alone. :D

I always feel like the invisible man in public. :b People aren't watching you as much as you think. They might give you one look, if that, and then move on with their lives. No-one will waste the time and energy watching you and making judgements.
If you feel invisible in public, do you feel socially anxious when you go out? Or is it only when you have direct interactions with people?

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you feel invisible in public, do you feel socially anxious when you go out? Or is it only when you have direct interactions with people?
Unless I am in a really direct and happening place like a bar, I do not get social anxiety anymore. What I do get at times is an intense feeling of social isolation AMONGST people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts