Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jason
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 31 years of severe emotional distress (social anxiety, OCD, ADHD-i, maybe bipolar) I have always been someone who prayed but now I've felt inspired to include in my prayers for God to help me with at each moment throughout the day that is particularly distressing and asking him to "help me to deal with the emotion as healthfully as possible." I also sometimes add the phrase," And help me potentially turn these hardships in my favor," as I know that hardships, ultimately, are there to help us grow.

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
After 31 years of severe emotional distress (social anxiety, OCD, ADHD-i, maybe bipolar) I have always been someone who prayed but now I've felt inspired to include in my prayers for God to help me with at each moment throughout the day that is particularly distressing and asking him to "help me to deal with the emotion as healthfully as possible." I also sometimes add the phrase," And help me potentially turn these hardships in my favor," as I know that hardships, ultimately, are there to help us grow.
It's never a bad thing to include Him 24/7. :)

hardships arent here to help us grow.....theyre here to **** up our lives
It depends on how you see things. We learn from the things that happen to us, not just the things that we do.

·
alles muß verblühn
398 Posts
Bravo to you! I'm happy for you that you are able to pray for such things. I think when we look at hardships as opportunity for growth, they stop being so incredibly horrendous.

·
Registered
38 Posts
*Applauds what you say* I completely agree with you. I think the new inclusion in your prayer is wonderful. I wish I had your faith. Intellectually I beleive what you do. But things get me so down that it is hard for me to feel it.

·
Registered
7,169 Posts
I agree with you hardships are there to help us grow. Acts 14:22- "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.