Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a comfort to find that I am not alone in this act, however, over the weekend, I became accutely aware of how bad this particular characteristic has got.

I was having 'conversations' with my partner, a doctor, and a therapist; the funny thing was, that I was discussing the 'practice conversations' in my own practice conversation. I would then have another conversation to say how I had practice conversations about having parctice conversations. I kept trying to stop, but the voices just kept going on and on and on...:um

If I am 'practising' for something I know is coming up - for example a doctors appt, despite the practice, I find it hard to know where to start. The actual event NEVER follows the ease of the one in my head!

Anyone else get this where they just can't stop?

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
A bit, actually. Good to know I'm not the only one who does that. Even if the conversations never go the same as in your head, at least you're practising what you can say and all the rest of it. I dunno about you but it sort of calms me down, doing that. On the other hand, depending on who I'm imagining my convo with, it can freak me out. Well, the thought of what they might say and all. Hmmm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For me, I always say what I never plan and after the conversation, I always have a go through of what i should have said. Its really frustrating and annoying =(, the things I say are always so simple. No wonder I have no good friends.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i do this all the time!!! and always thought it made me crazy since I've heard people say that its ok to talk to yourself and only a problem when you talk back. i recreate conversations in my head, how I wish it would have went and then act them out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I do think of what to say before hand, but I don't think it works at all when i get in to the real situation. its best to just say things as they come, when you actually think them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts