Let us return to the 90s brothers & sisters. The place of my youth.🖤🤘🖤

·
Registered
163 Posts
And what about a bit of German thrash from '89? One of my faves. Kreator.💀✊

·
Registered
163 Posts
But I don't want to exclude this one by Korn either. Some old 'Nu' metal from '94. 💙☠🥀💜

·
customusertitle
783 Posts

those riffs

lol, I hate it when I unintentionally headbang

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,022 Posts
The comments on all their songs are comparing the two vocalists which always happens when vocalists change but it's like close to 100% on some videos, kind of annoying. I can see why like this song the chorus is just top notch:

but I like Alissa's vocals too and it's not like they're bad so kind of sucks, she'd probably have been better off in a new band (remember the same thing happened with Nightwish though but there seems like much less of a stylistic gap here like compared to the difference between Tarja and Anette, but I'm not a metal aficionado.) Then again I have no problem with 'emo' music or whatever other people are complaining about. Another thing is the guitars on this track are good but yeah 5000 comments arguing about just the vocalists lol OK.

Also there is a somewhat irritating over extension of the label emo by lots of people (in general not just here.) To aesthetics, 'selling out' etc it's supposed to mean post-hardcore lol. I can see that the lyrics/theme here are a bit less aggressive by like half a percentage point maybe. Lol. However they're not this they're not this either.

·
customusertitle
783 Posts
^ I like a couple of her songs in the Agonist.

I like songs that tell a story using different vocal types. Her pig squeals (I think that's the technical term, lol?) are cool too.

Too many jumpcuts in her videos though, not sure why, it's kind of dizzying. In the song you linked too is filmed weirdly..

I think I posted these two before, but I like the first second (literally the first second) of this song too:

"haa' .. ahh"
---

Also, reminded me, I used to love Tarja's songs for a while too, but I guess everyone would.

Her voice works well with the music, also love the part at ~ 3:00

2161 - 2180 of 2213 Posts