Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
2201 - 2217 of 2217 Posts

·
customusertitle
951 Posts

I watched this video so many times. That cat's reactions are sooo ... uhhh I wanna hug it. 😊❤

but then it will probably be like MEeEWw

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,943 Posts
I saw this on Reddit's front page, but don't think I can link to it on the forum. I did find a video of it on youtube though.

The original video I saw was kind of cute, the alligator just slowly floated toward the paddleboard all chill, then she pushed it away and upset it. My mother and father like to Kayak, and they often see alligators in the water, they tend to be timid though and swim away from them or duck under the water. I imagine this alligator probably gets fed by people, and expects some food from this lady - it was not a good idea to push it away with the paddle I imagine.

Edit:
Found a video of it swimming toward her:

The alligator did not try to bite her board, unlike what she had said. I imagine she thought it was going to. People do sometimes take their little dogs with them on the river, and I have heard of them being eating by alligators, that has resulted in gators being removed from some parks, unfortunately. My wife's dog was actually eaten by a gator, when she was really young, it was a small dog that had gotten loose from their house and went by a pond I believe - I think one of her neighbors saw it get snatched up. It happens more often than you would think.

I think she is at a park I recently had a picnic at, it is a really nice area - the water stays relatively warm too, 73F throughout the year I believe. Somewhere a few miles out, there is actually a bunch of monkeys that live on the river, from my understanding someone had monkeys they had inhabited an island with and they swam across the river and now inhabit the trees by the shore, my parents kayak by them every once in a while, it is pretty funny to think of monkeys in Florida, but apparently they thrive there.

Edit 2:
Found a video for the monkeys and their history, things got killer herpes!

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts

Huh he still exists. It feels like a hundred years.
Lol I guess this is the time where I just get suggested videos by channels I haven't watched in many years. I got suggested an old video but this is a newer one. I guess he's still with his then girlfriend (Mimei,) now wife actually I dunno if they got married while I was still watching or not because I can't remember and also has a kid now. I am so old. (Still has the same video intro though lol.)

Lol I remember people were always comparing him to Dan Howell or something. Yeah:

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts

(being half Japanese in Japan.)

I think at that point they must just really want to practice their English.

Edit: Thinking about it since he mentioned he has a kid now (in another video,) she'll be a quarter Japanese because his wife is from New Zealand and is white (from what I remember PDRさん also spent the first 13 or so years of his life in the UK,) not sure if they have a word for that in Japan. The only words I'm aware of are ハーフ (which is half, like half Japanese,) and 外人 (meaning outsider for foreigners.) I mean obviously there are specific country names too if you're born outside Japan.

I just found this word: クォーター (like quarter,) which is for if you have one non-Japanese grandparent, so basically 3/4 Japanese I guess. Also there are some other words for if you have one non-Japanese parent a few of them have fallen out of use and are derogatory apparently. Also another word ダブル (double) which is like ハーフ but emphasises both.

Found a link talking about the difference between ハーフ and クォーター I guess クォーター can be used for 1/4 Japanese too.

「ハーフ」と「クオーター」の違いは?その次はなんて言うの? | pizmode

最近では、「ハーフ」に「ダブル」や「ミックス」という呼び方ができているように、「クオーター」にも「ミックス」という呼び方が使われるようになってきました。
Oh OK. There's also ミックス. (mikkusu, from mixed I guess.) I mean I should probably find some other reference besides this random site I found while googling things. Although googling that just brings up a romantic comedy film. (also the Japanese Wikipedia page weirdly doesn't have a cover image for some reason.)

(Also Wikipedia says you can just use ハーフ for people with mixed ancestry in general anyway lol..)

This was all very important for me to know. =P

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Lol OK my suggestions now are all like:

The 'bunpo warinai' killed me. 🤣

Sora is fluent in two types of English and two types of Japanese…truly amazing

2201 - 2217 of 2217 Posts