Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,094 Posts
At least Carl Sagan was pretty classy. I don't remember him ever actively being a dick to someone for disagreeing with him. A lot of today's rockstar science gurus are dicks.

·
ATribeCalledFresh
539 Posts
Great videos!

At least Carl Sagan was pretty classy. I don't remember him ever actively being a dick to someone for disagreeing with him. A lot of today's rockstar science gurus are dicks.
Agreed.

Anyways, there used to be an interesting documentary about Nietzsche and the Nazis on Netflix, but the audio book is on youtube:

·
pls don't eat bats, thnx
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so this one ain't groundbreaking or thought provoking. but it's science!! ever since watching that scene in total recall I have wondered about how much artistic licence they took with that eye popping scene. some stuff I read around the web suggested it wasn't all that fictional considering how water would boil. but I think instead of wriggling around you'd pass out really. anyway, this sort of thing sparks my curiousity onto how our bodies would cope on planets like mars or venus. here is a video where they talk a bit about it.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts