Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advance if this semi-spam continues to annoy people.

Got a 400+ pound friend to join the gym with me today. He pledged to work out with me consistently if I pledge to drink less (wake up call for me was failed insurance physical exam where they can tell I drink too much).

3/1/2014 one-a-day vitamin, 2 miles, 40 push-ups

·
c'est moi
5,888 Posts
Well, a group of co-workers and I have joined a fitness challenge and we have to earn a certain number of steps to get bronze, silver, and gold medals (figurative ones). Since then, I have been walking more. I also rejoined an evening exercise 2 1/2 days a week (which gets me gold medals). Uh, and I've been walking off some serious nervous energy (does that count?)

This morning I went for a brisk walk.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I committed to bicycling/walking every morning and have done it for about a week.

I plan to add some weight training/calisthenics exercises starting tomorrow.

·
Amazing
485 Posts
ive been working out lately, joggin and fast walkin on treadmill, ive lost almost 30 pounds in 2 months

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Good exercise

March 4th, Tuesday.

Jogging at 8.2 km/hr - one hour, cover just over 8km on treadmill, listening to EMINEM solid.
20 minutes spin bike, listening to Status Quo, Genesis and Foreigner.

800 kals BURNED.

·
….one sec
518 Posts
Feb 25 - March 7
-Got a gym membership finally.
-Quit partying/drinking.
-I've gained 20lbs since the end of January.
-Started martial arts again and may compete.
-Trying the paleo diet.
-Taking uber amounts of vitamins & supplements ( hope this doesn't backfire)
…..still feel kind of crappy but I'm trying my best to stick to the regiment and add more too it along the way.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
315 lbs. for one rep on squat today. That's the best I've done since I started going to my gym four months ago. All the months working out at home with no squat rack weren't very productive for doing legs.

·
Banned
8,760 Posts
I absolutely worked my *** off at work today, 13 hours, one 30 min break. I bet I lost some weight. One of my coworkers wore a pedometer thingy today, and when we left he said he walked over 15 miles.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Managed 10 weighted 15kg sit ups, 10 press reps with 35 kg and 20 7kg single arm curls on both arms and did 8 double flies? (i think they are called that). Not bad for 1 session at home with chronic fatigue syndrome

Gained 1.5 inch around my right bicep and 1.2 around my left in 4 weeks of mild workouts like the one above. Hoping to start 1 mile cycle rides twice a week soon and see how that goes as i need to work on my stomach before i start looking like your typical strongman ;-P

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm hoping to get down to below 190 pounds. Right now I'm at 219, after losing 10 pounds in almost a month. I've been walking 2 miles a day and weightlifting and watching what I eat.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
I'm hoping to get down to below 190 pounds. Right now I'm at 219, after losing 10 pounds in almost a month. I've been walking 2 miles a day and weightlifting and watching what I eat.
You can do it. I weighed 264 lbs. a few years ago when I was on psych meds and I had a 42" waist. Now I weigh 179 lbs. Stick with it and it'll be well worth it. Build that muscle and your metabolism will be higher, too.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Managed 10 weighted 15kg sit ups, 10 press reps with 35 kg and 20 7kg single arm curls on both arms and did 8 double flies? (i think they are called that). Not bad for 1 session at home with chronic fatigue syndrome

Gained 1.5 inch around my right bicep and 1.2 around my left in 4 weeks of mild workouts like the one above. Hoping to start 1 mile cycle rides twice a week soon and see how that goes as i need to work on my stomach before i start looking like your typical strongman ;-P
What do you use for your weighted sit ups? A medicine ball above your head or something else?

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Today I did 3 x 15 military pushups, 3 x 10 chest presses, 3 x 12 double arm curls, 3 x 12 v sit ups, 3 x 10 butterfly sit ups, 3 x 10 standing chest presses with a resistance band, and stretches.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
You can do it. I weighed 264 lbs. a few years ago when I was on psych meds and I had a 42" waist. Now I weigh 179 lbs. Stick with it and it'll be well worth it. Build that muscle and your metabolism will be higher, too.
Thanks. I did lose about 60 pounds a few years ago. I had weighed over 250 and got down to 190 but got back to over 230. This time I'm sticking to it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts