Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a utechsmart venus gaming mouse that I have been using for almost three years, and I am impressed with it. For an inexpensive mouse, it packs a lot of buttons that makes gaming a lot easier. Because of this mouse my hands rarely need to leave the WASD keys while playing.

I have my color set to green, with a slow pulse, all of the little weights are in it to give it a more solid feel, it is really a great little mouse. Besides the 12 buttons on the side, there is another one by the index finger, and 2 normally assigned for changing your dpi. Every button can be configured to do different things, and the software lets you save profiles.

With three years of moderately heavy use, all of the buttons still work perfectly. For me the only downside of the buttons are the buttons 7-12 on the side are a bit harder to reach for my hand, 1-6 do very well though. With the three additional buttons on the top of the mouse I can assign them to whatever I may need and rarely need to use 7-12.

·
Banned
375 Posts
I just use a regular 25 dollar Microsoft mouse. Tbh the side mouse buttons aren’t good to use in gaming either. Using one finger to press your hot keys is just slower than using 4-5 fingers.

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually just use my thumb to hit the side buttons 1-6, which is pretty nice when I am running around. To have to hit them on the keyboard means I have to lift my fingers above the home row and find my way back to them - really trivial to be honest, but for me it is ever so slightly faster :) There is even a pretty cool resting dock I place my thumb on when not using the buttons. This was pretty cheap too, I think I bought it on special for around the same price as yours, but I see them going for $29.99 now.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,381 Posts
It's just a pretty old logitech one that I've had for over a decade:

Reactions: zonebox

·
Super Moderator
34,605 Posts
I'm glad I don't game TBH. Seems like a major money pit of a hobby. WRT what @Persephone The Dread said about having had her mouse for over a decade, I don't see how anyone could make a mouse last that long. I don't know if I've ever killed a keyboard but I burn through mice like crazy. Even the ones I splurged for didn't last all that long. I have resorted to just using the same old Logitech wireless keyboard and buying a cheapie wireless mouse when the one that originally came with the kit wears out.

The cheapo wireless mice you can get on Amazon are about as good as the ones that come with the lower end Logitech kits these days and it stings way less to spend 10 bucks.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,381 Posts
@WillYouStopDave

It's definitely not in a perfect state now but it still works so that's cool.

Also sorry I use they/them pronouns.

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@WillYouStopDave When I started to play guildwars 2 I gradually became frustrated with having to hit the number keys, because there is a ton of maneuvering in that game. I saw this mouse, and got it. It is a really nice mouse too, three years and running. The oldest mouse I have, has got to be thirty years old. I actually took it apart to fix the clickies 😆

My horrible artwork is included!

My electronics usually last me a long time, I haven't a clue why - perhaps there is some super-techno-natural theme in my life :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury. It's a pretty simple, outdated and cheap mouse that has four side buttons and a DPI switch. I've had it for two years so far, after ditching a Razer Deathadder Chroma that died in a year. I just use the side buttons for browsing, mostly closing and opening tabs and scrolling up and down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts