Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,469 Posts
I wracked up the courage to ask a co-worker for a ride. I think she was as nervous as I was, so I just kept talking and trying to be helpful. I hope i made a good impression.

·
experimental sincerity
1,398 Posts
Today I spoke out in front of a crowd at a protest. It took me ages to pluck up the courage and I sounded a bit weird at first as I was struggling to speak. Afterwards I just shook like a leave. Physically it did not feel good but I am happy that I managed to do this. It's now been hours and I still feel anxious but I know it will go away once I meditate.

Reactions: Socialmisfits

·
burned by tea 🍵
Hold still 💈
133 Posts
Talked my friend out of suicide last night, thank goodness. It made me so anxious I was about to break in half but I kept a level head and did my best to express my empathy with their situation. As well as letting them know they aren't alone.

Very happy I could make a difference.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Talked my friend out of suicide last night, thank goodness. It made me so anxious I was about to break in half but I kept a level head and did my best to express my empathy with their situation. As well as letting them know they aren't alone.

That;s lovely of you ::)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I made phone calls to a previous employer where I didn't exactly leave on best terms... wasn't bad terms either really but I know they weren't exactly fond of me. I definitely fudged up on my openers but I managed to do what I needed to do for my current job. I wasn't happy having to do it but I'm glad it's over. I might have to do it again depending on what goes on but job done.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,634 Posts
Went to a men's group today. Just a small group of guys talking guy stuff, dating, sex, bad jokes, and support if needed. Felt very little anxiety and ended up doing most of the talking beside the guy running the group. Lots of laughs and sharing stories.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Asked a attractive woman a question in a grocery store. Didnt follow it up with a conversation but at least I made a sound. Thats progress!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I finally put the last of the unused wedding supplies from my breakup for sale.
I have been holding this off for over 6months now....but I can finally let go.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I keep volunteering for difficult tasks at work despite public (and sometimes embarrasing) epic fails...the more I face the fear of failing ...the less often I make mistakes....and occasionally I do something awesome that the boss commends me for.

I hope this doesn't sound like a humble brag

·
Registered
109 Posts
This day, I had the courage to spend a little money for my rich cousin. Its quite embarrassing when she told me that I'm stingy but, I just let it go.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts