Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:um So I'm pretty sure I'll be put on an anti-depressant but my appointment is in 3 days and I have no direction as to where to go. I've already been diagnosed so it's not going to be with a psychiatrist but a nurse practitioner. I've had a seizure at the place I'm going and yeah.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
did you have a seizure due to stopping benzos cold turkey?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I didn't know the dangers until it was too late and I had dug myself in to to deep a hole. I tried staving it off with alcohol and managed for 3-4 days but undoubtedly that made it worse when I had the seizure.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
so what do you expect from your appointment?

Reactions: Kaotix

·
Beast Mode
639 Posts
You cannot cold turkey benzos like you can with opiods (oxycontin etc..)

It is simply impossible. If you can, move your appointment up a date, tell them the truth that you abused them, and let the conversion go from there, imho.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
^Yep - you need to tell your doctors exactly what happened.

Reactions: Kaotix

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've started out on clonazepam and gabapentin. Then I forget, I've been on Ativan, Clonazepam, Librium, Mild horse tranquilizers(just kidding but I was on heavy heavy sleeping pills for a while there). I'm forgetting a lot of them meaning it was pretty traumatic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an appointment today with a nurse practitioner(wished it was a psychiatrist). I didn't get to sleep all night because my family forgot to get my temazepam out so I figured I could get it when my grandma wakes up at 4 because I usually only 5 hours sleep a night though the effects last 8 hours.. So I take it and find out I still can't sleep and now I'm an ex druggie going to try and get a prescription not in my right mind to a doctor I've never seen before but probably already knows about my troublesome nature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I told her everything and got sent packing with a packet about drinking too much coffee. Thanks guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts