Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
4541 - 4559 of 4559 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

·
experimental sincerity
1,371 Posts
"This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain." - Ursula Le Guin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
“For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.” - Cynthia Occelli

·
Fupa King
874 Posts
“I discovered long ago that the only way we learn from one another is by being willing to bare as much about ourselves as our nervous systems will let us, which is never very much...” - Will D. Campbel

·
We all wear a mask.
1,819 Posts
“How the hell could a person enjoy being awakened at 6:30AM, by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, sh*t, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?” – Charles Bukowski

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.” – Charles Bukowski

“People are strange. They are constantly angered by trivial things, but on a major matter like totally wasting their lives, they hardly seem to notice.” – Charles Bukowski

Reactions: Starcut83

·
Registered
93 Posts
It may sound old school for most of you, but I and truly inspired by Bible-based quotes. One of my favorites is from Matthew 6:22 Seek the kingdom first and everything shall be added into you.

This saying inspires me to trust in the Almighty for our needs. Prioritizing spiritual things will change our perspective and will develop us to be better.

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,439 Posts
"Always, over and over, these days and nights will come, the anxiety, the aversion, the doubt. And I will still live, and I will still love life" - Hermann Hesse

"Happiness is love, nothing else. A man who is capable of love is happy. " - Herman Hesse

"Happiness is a how; not a what. A talent, not an object. " - Herman Hesse

"My story isn't pleasant, it's not sweet and harmonious like the invented stories; it tastes of folly and bewilderment, of madness and dream, like the life of all people who no longer want to lie to themselves.” - Herman Hesse

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,333 Posts
There's a story I heard that I really like but I don't know who it's by.

So a man's sitting at the kitchen table having a morning cup of coffee and reading the paper when his son comes sprinting down the stairs amped up and ready to play. Last night the man promised him that they'd spend the day together so he blocked off his whole day ready to spend some quality time with his son, but he could use just a few more minutes to finish up his coffee and just kind of finishing up his morning routine.

So he has this idea to buy himself a little time. He rips out a picture of the world from the newspaper a few pages back. Tears it into about twenty tiny pieces and puts them on the table in front of his son and says "Let's play a game. Here's a puzzle, as soon as you can put this picture of the world back together we'll go outside and start our day."

He picks up the paper and continues reading. Less than three minutes go by. His son excitedly pulls down his dad's newspaper and says "Dad! I'm done!" and the father looks up with an expression of amazement on his face. Astonished his son was able to do that so quickly, obviously, he asks him how?

His son explained that a piece of paper fell on the floor and when he bent over to pick it up he could see through the glass table that there was a picture of a man on the back of all the little pieces. So he sat up and turned all the little pieces over and he put the man together. Once he did that, the world just fell into place.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,333 Posts
"It's like the first ray of sunlight reflecting on your face through the window in the morning. It's impossible to fully capture. Words, pictures, stories, they'll never hold a candle to the actual experience. To being there. That moment in time. Those moments are who you are. Hand in hand with everything your two eyes take in they blend together to create an existence that cannot be explained or taught. It can only be lived. And that is exactly what you're here to do, live life! Light up the sky like those stars that came before you, shine through this universe! If that ends up being all you have, it will be enough. Because it's you." - Eddie Pinero

"You can't be anything you want, but you can be all that you are." -?

"One of the greatest truths out there is that you are not confined by anything other than your own mind. So why not free it?" -?

·
Registered
1 Posts
"IN A WORLD TAINTED BY HATE AND NEGATIVITY, STAND OUT, SHINE BRIGHT AND BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE." - Ben Bruce of Asking Alexandria (band)

Or another one...

"Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress."

And another one...

"Done is better than perfect"

·
Registered
206 Posts
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
Bruce Lee

This guy has dozens of quotes that make you think. It is easy to see why he inspires millions of people even 50 years after his death.

this quote resonates with me because all my life I have been trying to live up to other peoples expectations of me (failing usually). If I could discard this way of thinking and living I would feel much healthier in the mind. I have no troubles with the second part of his quote I do not have expectations of other people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
“It won’t always go your way, so you can’t get trapped in this idea that just because you’ve imagined a possibility for yourself that you somehow deserve it. Your entitled mind is dead weight. Cut it loose. Don’t focus on what you think you deserve. Take aim on what you are willing to earn!”

― David Goggins, Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

4541 - 4559 of 4559 Posts