4501 - 4520 of 4559 Posts

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
'I’ve always been far more interested in femme in the shape
of ugly and dangerous,
monstrous and ordinary.
I want to be monsters with my femmes

Our monster is how we lived through this.
I want us to monster large together.
a perfect knife, broken and studded,
I love us, born broken blade,
our love languages we half know celebrating each other’s birth'

(leah lakshmi piepzna-samarasinha from “birth day”)

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
'[they] skim the flower-beds with their nets. They skim the butterflies from the nodding tops of the flowers. They brush the surface of the world.' (virginia woolf in the waves)

'I was pretending that I did not speak their language; on the moon we spoke a soft, liquid tongue, and sang in the starlight, looking down on the dead dried world.' (shirley jackson in we have always lived in the castle)

'You give me with your body all the joys of the flesh and with your mind all those of the soul.' (gustave flaubert, from a letter to louise colet written c. september 1846)

'I want you everywhere, by my side and between my thighs. I want your flowers in my hair and your name under my nails. I want you with me, your sugar in my tea, my eyelashes on your sheets. Write your name on me, when my heart breaks, I want it to be blinding.' (du, j.m.)

this isn't all but it's enough. i need to read.

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,757 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
^ I can fear death no longer I've died a thousand times

(nobody's going to get what I'm doing here song lyrics.)

·
Banned
1,660 Posts
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us

Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
some of my favourite ones:

In Zen, we don't find the answers - we lose the questions.

Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles. It takes away today's peace.

The mind is a beautiful servant but a dangerous master.

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You don't know how strong your are until being strong is the only choice you have

Also kind of like: Here's to the kids who have low self esteem and can't stand up for themselves
Here's to the kids who, gain self esteem and called conceited

·
SAS Member
4,576 Posts
G.K. Chesterton said:
"The first fact about the celebration of a birthday is that it is a way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive….But there is a second fact about Birthdays, and the birth-song of all creation, a fact which really follows on this; but which, as it seems to me, the other school of thought almost refuses to recognize. The point of that fact is simply that it is a fact. In being glad about my Birthday, I am being glad about something which I did not myself bring about."
I'm still not looking forward to mine from now on, but I think this is an interesting perspective still.

·
Permanently tired
1,957 Posts
“A flower raised in a greenhouse is still beautiful, even though it knows no adversity. But a flower growing in the field that has braved wind, rain, cold, and heat possesses something more than just beauty.”

4501 - 4520 of 4559 Posts