Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2228 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Messed around in the kitchen and tried to make Manhattan buns. It's based on the cocktail. Adjustments are necessary, but this was a fun little project.

And the cocktail...

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Duck & Japanese Squash

·
Self isolating from self
3,583 Posts

The roast is seared and in the crockpot. I improvised some on this one, so I hope it turns out alright. Now it's time to clean up after myself, and do the dishes

·
Super Moderator
35,385 Posts
View attachment 148206

The roast is seared and in the crockpot. I improvised some on this one, so I hope it turns out alright. Now it's time to clean up after myself, and do the dishes
How did it turn out? I always put at least some water in with mine. I have been meaning to experiment with no water but I have never done it before and meat is way too expensive now to risk it.

·
Self isolating from self
3,583 Posts
How did it turn out? I always put at least some water in with mine. I have been meaning to experiment with no water but I have never done it before and meat is way too expensive now to risk it.
It turned out okay. I usually like to experiment a somewhat too when cooking, but I understand not wanting to due to the cost and waste if it fails. I used a mix of beef stock and water on this one. Although the next time I make a roast I need to find a less fatty piece of meat. I usually like the meat shop that I go to, but the amount of fat in that piece of meat was too excessive.

·
Super Moderator
35,385 Posts
It turned out okay. I usually like to experiment a somewhat too when cooking, but I understand not wanting to due to the cost and waste if it fails. I used a mix of beef stock and water on this one. Although the next time I make a roast I need to find a less fatty piece of meat. I usually like the meat shop that I go to, but the amount of fat in that piece of meat was too excessive.
So yesterday, I bought two 3 pound London broil roasts. These ones I don't usually care much for because they seem to come out tough no matter what I do but it was what they had in my price range.

So I took them and cut them (across the grain) into slices that were about 1 inch thick and trimmed off the fat around the edges. I have had pretty good luck with cutting tougher roasts this way and it makes them easier to all fit in the slow cooker.

This might not work so well if you expect perfect roast beef but I generally just shred mine, freeze them and use them with vegetables. I forgot to buy mushrooms.

2181 - 2200 of 2228 Posts