Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just moved into a new house for the new uni year and have 3 new housemates and up until today i felt very anxious most of the time, not wanting to make any of my housemates uncomfortablei have stayed in my room most of the time. It had not been enjoyble up until today.

A few hours ago though, after watching a few inspirational youtube videos, i decided i had to really put more effort into fighting my anxiety and think more positively about my prospects, afterall i am the person i choose to be, if i want to improve i have to take acion. So i eventually psyched myself up t play some music in my room without headphones for the first time this week and blasted out some feel good Curtis Mayfield music, my anxiety from this subsided pretty quickly. I then logged onto facebook for the first time in months and immediately i got a message from one of my old highschool friends who ive not seen in over 2 years, we then got chatting for about an hour which was good. It was the first time ive evr chatted to anyone one facebook. After this i was feeling in a beter mood so went down to talk with my housemates, thinking "whats the worst that can happen", and I had a really good funny conversation with one of them, i felt like i actually managed to feel some degree of connection with someone outside my family for the first time in ages.

So in conclusion just making that decision to take control of my life earlier today has alread led to huge improvements, for today at least. I feel good!!

+ i didnt spend ages checking this message for mistakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats wicked! a really good example of how taking small steps leads to another and another...a positive snowball effect!! good luck with the rest of your week x

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
that is good to hear man, sometimes our feelings about anxiety is irrational and we gotta push ourselves to be positive. Good job

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your responses, they're much appreciated. I had another good day today. If i can make progress then we all can :) stay positive people

1 - 8 of 8 Posts