Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harry Potter. Star Wars. Netflix shows. Game of Thrones. Friends. BTS. Anime (like a few but I mean like 5). Marvel. Tiktok (never used it), Instagram (I have one but don’t post on it), Disney. Most movies.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,926 Posts
Well I've never used tiktok but that's really just because it's mostly teenagers. I mostly like the other stuff you listed, or at least some of them, or parts of them.

Never heard BTS music I listened to some kpop around 2014/2015 but BTS are probably new and I don't keep up with that.

I feel like Japanese and Korean rock music is underrated though comparatively.

Like this kind of thing is fine in the right mood or something:

https://@www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihi_kJJj_8A

https://@www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AYJZvHeKFo

https://@www.youtube.com/watch?v=73--6_6bfKw

^ and kind of sounds like Metallica in the opening there haha but yeah.

but this stuff is all legit great and could pretty much go back to it at any point:

edit: also unrelated off topic fact this is one of the few Japanese songs I can sing along to without looking up lyrics.

^ this band are amazing but they never tour outside Japan and basically don't have any following outside Japan except the odd person so.

I dunno why it was always harder finding Korean rock and metal I'd rarely stumble on it unlike with Japanese stuff. I always found it weird how it was easy to find Japanese metal/rock probably more common than pop but then hip-hop and pop is more common among the Korean stuff I'd find lol. Like a genre per country or something at least on YouTube. But I guess it's like how it's easier to stumble on Scandinavian or Nordic metal or Russian and Belarusian post-punk.

edit:

My k-pop obsessed friend told me to check out korean music.
I pretty sure this is not what she had in mind but I love it.
8)

There was a song I was looking for before I started spamming jrock videos yesterday. I think it's by Gostwind but I can't remember what it was called and think whatever the song was was deleted from YT when I had it bookmarked. So anyway I'll just link this instead:

https://@www.youtube.com/watch?v=03l015dq9r0

·
(.*?)
6,691 Posts
The majority of people don't like the majority of those things. With the extreme variety of entertainment options these days, the most popular media can't approach 50% popularity.

Personally I don't like Harry Potter or Disney, and haven't seen Game of Thrones, Friends, BTS, anime, Marvel (except one I disliked), and haven't used Tiktok or Instagram. But I think that's pretty normal of me.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
The Witcher. I'm not into fantasy in general, especially grim settings. I don't like sex in mainstream games, nor settings where sex-based discrimination is commonplace and almost everyone is an ignorant, superstitious ***. I'm sure the games are good, but I struggle to think of how you could make a less appealing (to me) setting than The Witcher. I wouldnt want to immerse myself in that world.

·
Fupa King
874 Posts
Tik tok, although, I'm a bit old for it anyway. Never even got into Vine when it was big, but it's demographic seemed to be more college-aged. Honestly there aren't many things I feel like I actively dislike. I don't really have the same nostalgic connections to Disney movies people do. I tend not to like sitcoms in general. I don't love the Office but I don't have a burning hatred for it. Like I can watch it and find it funny, and there's some really good moments in the show that can make it worth it, but I feel no need to rewatch the entire series every week. I like Parks and Rec but it's mainly because I got attached to Andy, Ron Swanson (because of how many people I know who are Libertarians who want to be this person but are not this person), and April. Super Smash Brothers. It's weird. As a kid I used to think this game was the coolest concept, and it is, in some sense it's one of those universal video games where even if you don't play video games you probably will play Smash because it's the party game of fighting games. Now, I play it and it's just kinda "meh." Sports, but I wished I liked sports just to have more to talk about with people.

·
Banned
575 Posts
I used to like TVA Nouvelles but it became a manufacturer of fear, for citizens to bow down and stay on their knees in front of the government and "doctors" of Big Pharma!

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,926 Posts
I was never really that into zombies when they were really popular. Werewolves don't interest me much. Neither do most fictional films about animals like animal cartoons were never my favourite especially didn't like 101 Dalmatians when I was a kid, or if there's some live action film about a dog or something I don't really care.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,926 Posts
^ Nah it's just tiktok for me I still watch Marvel films and listened to a bunch of Billie Eilish tracks she's OK but I'm not that into the style.

[edit: referencing a post that was deleted now.]

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
The gramophone & post mortem photographs.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I think with me now fantasy usually should have something unique to it that other fantasy does not have much of, like a lot of comedy in it or something.
Yeah, nearly all fantasy settings nowadays are the same tired old Tolkien cliches with the elves and the dwarves and what have you. Either that or it's just basically medieval. I can only get into ones that have a twist to them, like maybe steampunk elements, or ones that are based on a different folklore like the Thea games.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Avatar I just don't understand the liking for. I only ever viewed it once, in the theater. The story is absolutely negligible, just a retread of Dune and other similar stuff. People raved about the special effects, and the blue people were horribly rendered. The faces sucked. James Cameron is making these sequels, and I kind of doubt that any interest still exists in the franchise.

·
Fupa King
874 Posts
Avatar I just don't understand the liking for. I only ever viewed it once, in the theater. The story is absolutely negligible, just a retread of Dune and other similar stuff. People raved about the special effects, and the blue people were horribly rendered. The faces sucked. James Cameron is making these sequels, and I kind of doubt that any interest still exists in the franchise.
Nobody can even remember the main character's name in that movie and yet it's one of the top grossing (it actually used to be #1) movies of all time haha

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
I never even watched Avatar.

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Gaming. I just don't get the appeal.
Interesting, I'm the opposite, I don't get the appeal of reality >_>

·
Permanently tired
1,957 Posts
30 Rock. I've never been able to find it funny and would get annoyed Comedy Central would almost never seem to be airing anything else during the week.

New Saturday Night Live as well. It just seems to be full of unnecessary canned laughter and obnoxious jokes. I think old SNL was funnier

·
Registered
178 Posts
Personally, I am well sick of superhero movies. They all look/sound/feel exactly the same, and there's been so many of them now that you need twelve pounds of backstory in order to understand who any of these people are. Every time I hear the word "reboot" or "continuity" it makes me roll my eyes. Remember when movie series' used to be nice and straightforward?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts