Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Anyone try poppy tea? I'm thinking of buying and making some.
I've tried it lots of times. It can be very good or very bad. The problem with poppy tea is that you never know what effects it can have or how strong it will be, because poppies vary in their effects and potency.

My advice is to go slowly and carefully, start with 2-3 poppy pods and test the potency and effects. If you're using seeds, just measure out the lowest amount you think will have an effect. The effects usually come on very quick, in about 15-20 minutes. So if it's not strong enough you can always take more.

I've taken poppy tea before and had such bad nausea that I was feeling sick for hours and hours, and unable to do anything except lie perfectly still. Also, constipation is REALLY bad on poppy tea.. it's because you're basically taking opium. Your liver turns it into codeine and morphine, which are notoriously bad for constipation and nausea. You can feel really high and spaced out on poppy tea, and sometimes you get a speedy stimulant effect going on, making me feel really wired.

The best way to take it is with an anti-nausea/travel sickness/anti-histamine drug which can potentiate the effects, reduce itching and nausea. Also a good idea to have something ready for the constipation, or eat lots of fibre and drink plenty of water before and during and after consumption of the tea.

Note: I had the best effects from poppy pods which weren't fully dried and came from the garden..strange. The dried ones you can buy online were never as good as they had more negative side effects, but definitely had potent effects still.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts