Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Coke/drink/other

Votes: 22 22.9%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to whether people say pop or soda pop. I say pop (and am from the Midwest). :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Soda, the 1950's are over, who says Soda Pop?

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I grew up saying soda. But I've consciously changed my habit to saying coke or pepsi because I've been served soda water in some places when asking for soda. And I hate soda water.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
what ever it's called, i'll generally call it. unless i'm being specifically non specific

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I didn't realise terms like soda were used synonymously with coke and pepsi. I think in the uk people would just use the name of the specific drink. Or more generally soft drink or fizzy drink

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
I didn't realise terms like soda were synonymously with coke and pepsi. I think in the uk people would just use the name of the specific drink. Or more generally soft drink or fizzy drink
it's so much simpler and easier to understand here in the uk ;)

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I didn't realise terms like soda were used synonymously with coke and pepsi. I think in the uk people would just use the name of the specific drink. Or more generally soft drink or fizzy drink
I'm going to start calling it a fizzy from now on. "I'd like a fizzy please"... lol

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Coke. Everything is always Coke. Cheerwine and Sprite are types of Coke.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Soda usually, sometimes Soda Pop.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts