Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A: Yes, I have told them.
B: Yes, but it was by accident. I didn't want them to know.
C: No, but I am planning on telling them.
D: No, and I don't want them to know.

D for me. My Mom has SA as well, but every time I talk to my Dad about something I feel is wrong with me, he dismisses it as all-in-my-head nonsense, and the few friends I have would probably not care or think I was weird.

What about you?

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
A. My mum kept asking who i was talking to on skype and such so I eventually just told her about the forum etc, no biggie, she understands.

·
Registered
619 Posts
B. My dad just randomly walks up behind my computer sometimes, so I told him about the forum. He's probably forgotten by now anyway.

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
I have told my mother that I visit a message board about SAD.. but not specifically this board by name..

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
C: No, they don't know at the moment, and I'm not really planning on telling them. If they find out, they find out.... I've nothing to hide!

·
Registered
18 Posts
D.

I have no friends in this world and I would never consider informing my parents about anything I have in mind.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
D. I have social anxiety about having social anxiety.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
No I have never told anyone about coming onto this site or even told them about my condition. I haven't even told my parent's. My parent's have enough of their own problems to deal with, and I don't want them to be burden with my problems.

·
Lost
275 Posts
D, I guess. I wouldn't mind my parents knowing. But I wouldn't want them seeing what I write.

I wouldn't ever want any of my friends to know about this site. Me being my paranoid self, I would fear them thinking I'm pathetic or something. Which I know they most probably wouldn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would say that D is the closest answer for me.
I actually tried to describe this condition to a friend of mine, and the reply was to "Snap out of it." As if I made a conscious decision to be like this, and changing it is just as easy as flipping a switch. From that point on, I decided that it would be difficult to explain to people that don't suffer from the same condition, and the very nature of the condition adds to that difficulty.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I haven't told anyone that I come here but then it's not like I tell anyone the websites I visit, I wouldn't have a problem if anyone knew.

·
Banned
6,269 Posts
D.

I even used a different username than my usual ones I use so I wouldn't be as paranoid about being tracked by someone I know.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts