Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been playing back through Pokemon Colosseum. It's much more challenging than I remember as a kid. I guess its because I'm too lazy to heal my Pokemon in the Pokemon Center half the time. The catch rate on many of those shadow Pokemon are bull****!

As a kid I always preferred XD because I hated having that useless girl following me around and body blocking me in every corner. I also liked the option to have whatever evolution I wanted. I did think Colosseum was cool that it accelerated the levels quickly.

Did you like these games as a kid?
Which one did you prefer? Why?

·
Oh jeez... okay.
1,852 Posts
I've never played XD so I'm going to go with Colosseum. I remember how challenging Colosseum's final boss was. It take me forever to beat him as a kid. I also remember the the Jirachi Wish Maker Bonus disc that came with the game when you pre-ordered the it.
good times :)

·
Sane
1,334 Posts
I've always preferred XD, not entirely sure why. I played through that game about 3 different times, though I only fully completed Colosseum once (played it again, but was a bit under-leveled at the final boss and couldn't beat 'em no matter what I did, so I gave up).

Shadow Lugia was pretty badass, just a shame it would always revert to a regular Lugia if you wanted to trade it to one of the handheld games.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like both but I guess pokemon XD is my favorite since my very first gamecube was the limited edition pokemon XD one. It was great it had shadow lugia on the top of the gamecube but the only negative was that my save file would always corrupt after 50 hours of game time but for the most part it had better features than Colosseum in my opinion.

So I mostly stuck with Colosseum since it never corrupted after 50 hours, but despite it not corrupting. I always started over in XD even though it would corrupt after 50 hours so I had more time in that then Pokemon Colosseum since i think I only started over about about 2 times in Colosseum.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like both but I guess pokemon XD is my favorite since my very first gamecube was the limited edition pokemon XD one. It was great it had shadow lugia on the top of the gamecube but the only negative was that my save file would always corrupt after 50 hours of game time but for the most part it had better features than Colosseum in my opinion.
Damn. That's never happened to my copy! Or anyone else I know.

·
The Nimbus Man
1,617 Posts
I played Colosseum but never played XD for some reason. I did watch Chuggaaconroy's let's play of it and the roster of available Pokemon is soooo much better than Colosseum's. XD's final boss seems kinda lame compared to Colosseum's, though.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
You mean Pokemon has an entire Colosseum?

Where do they get the money?

·
Watching you from afar...
207 Posts
Colosseum, although I find both games more tedious then fun. They're just missing too much from the handheld games. I like the new region though, it's worth revisiting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts