Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

PM Spammers

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Celerian 
#1 ·
We have recently had a few spammers sending links to online pharmacies through PMs. Please report these so that we can prevent them from spamming the board.

#2 ·
I haven't had any of these PMs but ever since I joined this site I get a lot of junk mail from these pharmacies for enhancements and 'special' meds (lol) in my junk email box - usually one or two right after I leave the site. It doesn't really bother me I suppose because I just delete them but what would cause this to happen. I've never had this junk mail before I joined SAS.

#3 ·
And just out of curiosity... I think it is funny - do you think anyone really gets this junk mail, opens it and things wow - heck yeah - I'm gonna order some of that from an unknown source and give them my debit card number and take the risk of actually using this stuff.

Are there really people out there like that?

#5 ·
  • HalfHazard
  • Joe420
  • InToTheWind
  • PhillyMan
  • HalfFull
  • Marquetta
  • Aston22

These are the spammers reported and banned so far.

caflme,
It is unlikely that Email spammers got your Email address from the board.

#9 ·
I match that appreciation! We need to keep on top of this and need your help to do so.

#11 ·
If you got a PM from a user named Ballsy, he's banned - go ahead and delete the PM.
I don't mean to call out a username like this, but he continued to send PMs after I banned him and he sent out a bunch.

This way, you won't have to report this guy's messages.

#12 ·
I got one from "InToTheWind". At first I thought how bizarre it was for someone I've not spoken with or seen around the board to wish to recommend me my so called "wonder drug" without a proper prescription for it, I later thought spam & deleted the message

This is the first time I've received anything like this here, I'll report if it happens again

#17 ·
Yep, he is indeed a spammer, and I checked him out in the spammer database (I'm a moderator elsewhere and use that tool extensively) . I sent a PM to Drew about him. As far as the PM spammers go, one way to minimise it would be to limit PM access until they've had a minimum number of posts.

#18 ·
True - that Ballsy guy had NO posts and just kept PMing and PMing....the troll! :troll

#25 ·
Hey mods,

For the last couple of months, I have been getting ads (banner add) on my yahoo mail for Seroquel and only Seroquel.

usually I get a whole variety of ads and none of them related to any antidepressants. Now it is always an ad for Seroquel.

I havent used my yahoo email on any other website. So just wondering.

#28 ·
Yahoo is an easy target for spammers. Spam bot randomly send out emails knowing most *@yahoo.com accounts are taken. I can't promise this, but I am doubting they get your email addy from SAS
THIS. While it is possible for a spammer/hacker to break into a forum and take it over and steal the emails, the chances of it happening here are pretty slim. I've only ever seen something like that happen on forums where the majority of the users were into cracking software and other related activities, and then only when there is bad blood between someone and the moderation team.

I doubt anyone would want to pick on us. Also, as TiMeZuP stated, Yahoo, Hotmail, gmail are all pretty easy targets. Most spammers will send out millions of emails, using randomizers and generators, and then storing the ones they don't recieve a "This Email Doesn't Exist" message from. I even notice spam on my private server and I get them at work as well.

#27 ·
You might want to send us an example. Since it is email, there isn't much we can do. If it is a PM, then we can take action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.