Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the presentation of 10th grade classes at my new school and my mother wants to go with me but:

1st - I don't wanna be the only one who's got his mother walking him thru school...

2nd - Not to be judgmental, but what will the other think bout it? what would you?

3rd - Should I say to her not to go with me, it'll be embarrassing?

What am I gonna do?
PLZ say something, I'm freaking out!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
28 views and 0 answers... --'

·
Registered
48 Posts
well if u can get out of her coming with u that would be fine for ur own comfort but if she does come, its no big deal, happens... ull get thru it without all that much notice. if ur freaking out tho and dunt want her to come just let her know she doesnt really need to be there and that it be easier for you if u go on ur own. even if she get a little upset by it u can sort it out later.

wenever my mom or dad came back in the day i just acted like i own the place lol cause always felt more proud and supported with one of them around.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Tell your mom the truth. It probably won't be easy for her to hear but she needs to ease into a different mentality - gone are the days when it feels great to have mom at school-now you're older and have a normal need for more independence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.