Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Disney movie with Hayley Mills called "Pollyanna", the main character (whose an orphan taken in by her bitter aunt) tells Mrs. Snow about a game she and her missionary father invented called the "Glad Game".

They invented the game when she requested a doll but received crutches in the missionary barrels instead. She had been very disappointed, so they invented the game. When Mrs. Snow asked what they could possibly find to be glad about a pair of crutches, Pollyanna tells her, "We were glad we didn't have to use them!"

I've been disabled since I was 14-years-old and homebound for 9 years, so I've used the "Glad Game" a lot in my life. Sometimes the best I could come up with would be that I was glad I didn't have a head cold at the same times as having stomach flu (that's basically scraping the bottom of the barrel) but you get the idea. ;)

Join in the game and tells us what you can be "Glad" about today! :clap

And feel free to play the game everyday, it really does help!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am glad that I read your post, I am glad that I did alright on my exam.

·
On me "toes"
1,486 Posts
I like this idea :).

I am glad I made time for myself today. I'm glad that I have at least two people with whom I have a connection with. I feel better after talking with a friend long distance this weekend.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I am glad that I stayed productive today. Often times, when I sit and do nothing, negative thoughts creep in and whatnot... this is where all i do is THINK too much. So I've been keeping myself occupied with the tons of homework I have, along with some design work to take care of. I think I'm done for the night.. I'm so tired haha. Will continue this busy work tomorrow morning earlyyyyy at 6PM probably.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I am so glad my power is on after 40 hrs without it!

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
I'm glad i'm finally enjoying what i bought like 2 months ago

·
Seeking change
76 Posts
I'm glad that I found this place. I'm glad that I have many people in my life who overall accept me for who I am, even when I don't. I'm glad that I have found ways to feel good inside without being intoxicated. I'm even glad that remembering the times when I feel insecure and awkward around people, it is partly because I like those people and am very good at seeing their good side. I'm getting emotional... I am glad about that, too.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts