Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people are up to tomorrow for the obligatory independence day celebration. On the wrong day.

I am going to my mama's where she'll probably make a feast of ribs, hot dogs, cole slaw, kimchi, soy bean soup, god knows what else.

Naturally, I'll be the odd one out. What about you?

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Work for part of the day, then I'll probably hang with my sister for the rest of it. We'll probably go see fireworks.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Sounds like fun - if I knew any Americans in the UK I would celebrate with them.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
Hehe.. I wish u great time at your mums.... food always win, food!

I'm no states, but I will have food too tomorrow. We have company picnic. Yes, it's gonna be 60 ppl there. And I hate loud and drunk ppl... so random and unpredictable.... =( .. and yes... coworkers want to hook me up with that cute girl from finance department... Damn! I hate that... in the past I would avoid such events. I want to eat that BBQ meat, even if it means I'll feel a bit anxiety...so I'll go.. maybe I'll have great time...

Anyways.. happy 4th to u kind ppl from states! :)

·
Banned
8,760 Posts
I'll be at Lake Livingston with family. My parents supposedly got the best view for fireworks anywhere, right on the lake. Lots of food and games and stuff, but I'm sure when it's over I'll be tired of the crowd, and ready for some alone time.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
My sister and her neighbors got the ok from the city to shut down their street for a block party and invited me to go. So probably that.

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Got a party to go to with friends. Of course, I'll be taking Xanax and getting drunk to numb any anxiety though. It should be a good time regardless.

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
Might go out to my parent's place. Have to take the back roads to avoid going through the one town that is having celebrations to get out there. Traffic the last few days has been terrible where I live. Every nut and there uncle is out. Probably due to social security week and tourists. I avoid crowds at all cost so I don't participate in the July 4th crap. Crowds send my anxiety levels up. I also tired from work this week. Put up with people's crap all week and need to be away from them.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
I might be drinking some tea and mourning a lost colony.

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a party to go to with friends. Of course, I'll be taking Xanax and getting drunk to numb any anxiety though. It should be a good time regardless.
Lol, never leave home without precautionary meds nearby.

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might go out to my parent's place. Have to take the back roads to avoid going through the one town that is having celebrations to get out there. Traffic the last few days has been terrible where I live. Every nut and there uncle is out. Probably due to social security week and tourists. I avoid crowds at all cost so I don't participate in the July 4th crap. Crowds send my anxiety levels up. I also tired from work this week. Put up with people's crap all week and need to be away from them.
I completely understand. When you feel overworked, a "normal" person doesn't even want to be bothered but the fourth of July for someone with SA? So stupid. I'm glad I'm only going to my mom's. There will be 6 people total. If they decide they need to go someplace crowded to watch fireworks, I think I might have to ditch.

·
Despite all my rage..
2,757 Posts
Actually... pretty nice little Friday, I'm gonna go to Home Depot, yeah buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring...stuff like that.. maybe Bed Bath and Beyond, I don't know! I don't know if I'll have enough time!

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Work in the morning, cookout in the afternoon. I might go to a symphony-firework display after dark. I'm not sure what else.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
Alone. Listening to peoples' fireworks and rowdiness all night, probably. Le sigh.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Was invited to a bbq but I'm super nervous. I hate going out on the roads during holidays (um, and any time really). I'm so anxious right now just thinking about it. :hide

1 - 20 of 47 Posts