Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was downloading something using a torrent and I switched off Peerguardian for like 2 minutes because it wouldn't let me view a website. When I switched Peerguardian back on I noticed several 'Possible Macrovision' blocks.

What does this mean? Am I going to be fined? Help.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
PeerGuardian is a waste of time for one simple reason.There is NO way to know or update what sites or IP addresses the RIAA, MPAA etc. are using to nail file sharers.So the blocked lists that PeerGuardian uses are absolutely worthless.Not only does it provide users with a FALSE sense of security, PG2 actually blocks legitimate sites and file sharing.It is worse than useless.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Chances of being fined now are about zero, most anti piracy organazations are switching to trying to get on the ISP or impliminting 3 strike laws. RIAA was the last group actively sueing and have since stopped in a public announcment. So stop wasteing your time with PG, about the worst that that could happen right now is you would recieve a "you better stop it" letter in your ISP email.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.