Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Really don't think the original poster in the linked thread knows what she's talking about. I assume she's looking for a way to reverse tianeptine tolerance. It isn't as easy as just taking piracetam or the people who actually study this would've found that out years ago.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have any idea about the NMDA thing she is talking about???

I mean, does tianeptine do one thing to my neurotransmitters while piracetam does the opposite? would this be dangerous to have two substances in my brain working oppositely ?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Tianeptine isnt an NMDA antagonist and wont interfere with piracetam.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wikipedia says it has some sort of effect on NMDA transmission. do you know what mechanism it operates by? how does Tianeptine effect NMDA transmission?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
wikipedia says it has some sort of effect on NMDA transmission. do you know what mechanism it operates by? how does Tianeptine effect NMDA transmission?
It modulates some NMDA receptors but i dont think that would interact with piracetam, in my opinion they would work togheter nicely.

·
Registered
881 Posts
NMDA activation can sometimes result in an anxiogenic or depressive effect....the girl was probably worried than piracetam, by activating NMDA, would increase her depression and anxiety, possibly cancelling out any good therapeutic effects that the tianeptine had caused.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
NMDA activation can sometimes result in an anxiogenic or depressive effect....the girl was probably worried than piracetam, by activating NMDA, would increase her depression and anxiety, possibly cancelling out any good therapeutic effects that the tianeptine had caused.
Piracetam causes depression in some ppl, so yeah for some it could be a bad idea to take piracetam.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe I will go for a lower dose of piracetam - I think I was getting kind depressed taking 3 grams 3 times a day.

speaking of the NMDA thing - I took gabapentin - and that stuff made me feel like wanting to die. I was on tianeptine at the time too. Initially the gabapentin worked well, but on day 2 I got like super depressed.

tianeptine has been working good though by itself - even though it doesnt work for long.

I need the piracetam though because my brain doesnt feel awake a lot of the time and piracetam will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I don't think we know enough about either of them yet to say for sure. I'd be wary of boosting NMDA activity, as hyperactivity of NMDA receptors causes neuron death. NMDA receptors are also thought to be involved in drug tolerance (excess activity, that is). Blocking them produces a powerful antidepressant effect, so depression would be another concern for me.

Initially the gabapentin worked well, but on day 2 I got like super depressed.
That exact same thing happened to me. Just sucks every positive feeling outta ya.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
euphoria,

you mean you don't think I should combine piracetam and tianeptine?

which effect does tianeptine have on nmda?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
I don't think we know enough about either of them yet to say for sure. I'd be wary of boosting NMDA activity, as hyperactivity of NMDA receptors causes neuron death. NMDA receptors are also thought to be involved in drug tolerance (excess activity, that is). Blocking them produces a powerful antidepressant effect, so depression would be another concern for me.

That exact same thing happened to me. Just sucks every positive feeling outta ya.
A full NMDA agonist is neurotoxic yes, but NMDA modulators like piracetam are in fact neuroprotective. I even tought that D-Cycloserine hasnt been shown to be neurotoxic even tough its a partial agonist (correct me if i'm wrong on that last one:b). D-Cyclosering has been shown to be effective against fear, but i recommend against it because it would speed tolerance to a lot of things.

Piracetam also seems to lower tolerance to various chemicals.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish there was a nice resource out there for tianeptine combos. I keep reading on line and it says that it decreases AMPA while piractam modulates it. aren't these two substances counteracting in the department?

also someone posted online about tianeptine's effect being reduced by benzos. anyway to validate this? where can I find thorough information about these combos. nothing on the internet breaks it down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts