Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is huge. Especially for a Floyd-Head like me. It is tough to explain my excitement in words. Roger Waters will be joining David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright. When I first heard this news yesterday I grabbed my Visa and was ready to book a flight to England :) Then I found out they won't be selling tickets and only residents of England will be able to go :cry

They broke up two years before I was born. I honestly had no hope of them ever playing together again. Hopefully some positive news will spring from this and they will tour again or even release a new album!! Hey, I am allowed to dream ;)

http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk

·
Registered
31 Posts
So glad for you that they are playing the L8....I'm an English resident and feel kinda guilty that I won't be rushing to get tickets!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nae said:
Hopefully some positive news will spring from this and they will tour again or even release a new album!! Hey, I am allowed to dream ;)
Naaa, i don't think Waters it's going to be able to handle it for too long without feeling the urge to strangle Guilmour :lol

To me, Roger Waters WAS Pink Floyd and i find his solo albums (Pros and Cons of Hitchicking, Radio Khaos and Amused to Death) much more interesting then the last two Pink Floyd albums.

He will also release his first opera (a real opera) this summer and a new album next year...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Much more interesting, yeah. Waters was certainly the best songwriter, but Pink Floyd wouldn't have been nearly what it was without Gilmour. I am also partial to Barrett's and Wright's songs from the early days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts