Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has the same problem? For some reason I feel it has to do with my social anxiety... It is like I'm pretending that I'm not scared of answering the phone -_-

Some co workers criticized me for picking up the phone too fast but I don't think its a real problem.. A woman once said to me "let it ring a little bit" -_-

Why would I wait for it ring a few times then answer? It is like she was telling me to waste time -_-

Lolzzzz

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I don't. But where I used to work I would let the phone ring about two times (so I could get myself together!) and then answer it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I work at an IT help desk, and every time I get a call I really just get pissed off, mainly because I'm doing something else like listening to music. I mean, I get them in and out faster than most people who take the time for all the stupid personality they like to add to phone calls, which is pointless because the "customers" wants help to fix their **** and get on with work. And in the end, I know it's playing Russian Roulette when I pick up the phone, because eventually you always get the one retard that calls because they forgot the monitor had to be turned on as well as the computer. But come to think about it, I sometimes do just pick up the phone as fast as possible to get it out of the damn way. It's all fake talking BS, so there's no real social anxiety to it. When they try to add in jokes or something, that gets annoying. So, I dunno. I think that sufficiently answers nothing.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
i used to do that. especially right before it's time for me to leave for home. after a while i learned that after a certain time? i don't pick up the phone at all. Not unless i really want have a resentment.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
all-round miracle moment

The phone my worst fear, hate, dread & panic

anyone who says 'let it ring' is curing my soul

My first jobs (helpdesk / support) I struggled to answer
unsure if it was phobia or 'why is that ringing?'
I built a strong sensible reason to leave it to Reception to get me something on paper to my desk to deal with
my experience provided good reason to use that method
I go to people's desks

home phone is a different world when unemployed
my only chance to have a occupation requires 100% heavily on speaking to strangers who are recruiters

I follow my refusal. Experience has shown wisdom

A lot of people are saying don't bother. I like that, but it's like refusing milk from a mother

1 - 6 of 6 Posts