Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some sophomore at the school I am going to made a group on Facebook for pick up soccer that will be played every Sunday. There are only three freshman in it, myself included. I love soccer, but am not that great at it (I'm good, but am inconsistent because I get nervous a lot). I am afraid I am going to suck big time because of nerves, and they won't want me there to play and will think I am just a waste of space. I really want to play with them but I am ****ting bricks. I have the urge to ask the kid what the skill level is like, but I am sick and tired of always putting my own skill down.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Anticipatory anxiety.
Reread some of your sentences - there are "what if" thoughts in there. The likelihood of them happening isn't high. I think you would have fun :yes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a big soccer fan too

It's the only place I can go where I don't feel like I'm being judged or anything like that. I usually play some pickup games and they're always about having a good time and laughs rather than, who's winning or who sucks. No need to worry about that

It's also a good place to take that step in meeting new people. I'd say I met 90% of my friends through soccer since I rarely leave the house to go out to night clubs and all that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts