Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here get stomach aches when their feeling anxious?
I've noticed that about 5 minutes before i leave my house, or just before i get out the car, I get a stomach ache. Not butterfly's ..but a horrible ache. It usually fades away after 10 minutes or so too.

If i'm doing nothing all day/week i'll be completely fine but on days where i have to go out and get things done i'll feel ill.

I'm really not sure if it's connected to SA or not so i thought i'd ask :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
My stomach is always the first thing to suffer when I get anxious. But for me it depends on what I'm doing. If it's something that causes mild anxiety, I'll just get some butterflies, but if it's something I'm really worried about, I feel sick and often start to cramp. I've been trying to explain to my boyfriend that my anxiety isn't just something I feel in my head, it makes me physically ill.

·
Hiding in my basement
347 Posts
Nausea. Either bad or worse depending on the day and situation. Followed by headaches. Your mind can only feel so much pain and anxiety before it starts to take its toll physically.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That happens to me too when I'm really anxious.

Another thing that happens to me is that I tend to sometimes make really sudden movements, like I will look in a direction and I will look really quickly w/o any deliberate point, and I won't really take heed of what I just saw, cuz I kind of moved my head really quickly without really allowing my eyes to focus in on what its taking.... or something like that. I don't know if you get that one too, but yeah this is something I noted today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts