Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an odd thing ive noticed recently. Ill be in a generic social situation and not really thinking about it, but ill notice im physically anxious. Ill be shaking, have poor control over my voice, sometimes blushing, hot flashes. But nothing will be on my mind. I could be in a bar watching tv. In line at the grocery store. At work talking to somebody. But in my mind, im confused as to why. The bar is quiet, not much going on. Multiple other people just sittin alone. I go to the grocery store all the time, interaction with the cashier is generic and the line moves fast, so why is my body acting like some hot supermodel is talking to me? I talk to my boss every day, why today am i shaking, blushing? I dont feel mentally nervous, just physically. Very weird feeling.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,028 Posts
My experience in regard to this is that in the moment my only negative thought is likely this is embarrassing & then later on I have negative thoughts. In this way I'll have negative anticipatory thoughts before heading out & indeed right before the interaction but not during the interaction itself

·
Registered
209 Posts
I do that often, e.g. I will be all anxious but not be able to work out why, because I can't logically identify any reason why I am feeling that way. I think it is probably due to not being tuned-in enough to my thoughts yet. Anxiety stems from thoughts - they can be subconscious thoughts. Well that's my understanding anyway...

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
i think that's due to agoraphobia - fear of your anxiety sensations themselves. since you have SA, agoraphobia is one of the symptoms. in some it may be dormant in others it may be severe. what i think, since you have low self esteem (symptoms of SA also), agoraphobia might have worsen on it's own (maybe you flushed once and after that you focused to much on it that it became the natural thing for you body to do) or it was passed down to you by someone with SAD who had advanced agoraphobia. i believe it can be passed down to people with SA because people with low self esteem (followers) tend to be more vulnerable. they tend to look at other people in the face for reassurance. i.e. to be reminded that hey..keep a straight face and everything will be kool. so, you might have came across with someone who passed it on to you or it worsen on it's own, either way, it's part of SAD.
_

"my life is a jigsaw puzzle, with some pieces missing" - mrfixit

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
On the emotional side, from my experience, it is due to an unconscious, or conscious, desire to please everyone. Also, being accepted by others is very important. So much so that it brings about an unnatural level of attraction to others who can fulfill this craving in us.
There are a lot of other experiences I am sure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, I used to get panic attacks that were completely physical. I never had any of the panicky feelings that I thought would go along with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts