Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these pictures on the weekend. The locations are all within a 10-15 minute drive from where I live. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, considering I just bought my first camera two months ago, and don't really know much about photography.
**link removed** :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone!!
Of course..I need to give Mother Nature credit for providing the beautiful day. If the pictures had been taken, looking in the opposite directions, you would have seen more garbage, concrete, parking lot, etc...but just looking in one direction, they look like pretty nice areas :)
Jesserie, I'm using a Sony Cybershot DSCS60...4.1 megapixels

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree, these photos are really great!
:nw

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those are great pics!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice Dano. Were those taken in point and shoot mode, or using manual settings? I recently bought a Canon A95, and for right now I'm just enjoying taking pics in point and shoot. (and then touching them up a little with software if need be.)

Oh.... and my favorite pic is #2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again everyone! I was really just lucky with these. I mean, it was mostly just finding the right spots, at the right time, and taking LOTS of pictures...I mean, if you take 300 pictures, there's bound to be a few good ones in there. :)

Caleb, I honestly don't remember. There are several different automatic modes on my camera, each of which, can be manually adjusted for shutter speed, and other settings that I don't really understand too well. When I start changing the settings manually, I just keep adjusting them until they look good on the display. Oh, and the last two pics are actually the same, except I saturated the colour a little with photoshop in the second-last one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ha Ha, I know what you mean about taking a bunch of pictures to get a few good ones. But I don't think it's just us beginners that go thru that. I follow another board that has some very experienced photographers on it, and apparently they do the same thing.

Keep up the good work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts