·
Registered
527 Posts
Very nice.

Is the second shot a HDR?

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
wow Genelle, very impressive indeed. Love #1, #3 and #4 the most. You have a really good eye for composition which is so important! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
HDR is a technique you can perform to increase the dynamic range of a photo, but a lot of the time it looks fake and silly though if done properly it can look really cool. You usually do it by shooting three or so separate images at varying exposures then superimposing them on top of each-other.

Well that's my lesson for the day!!! :p

Do you have a gallery of your photos Genelle???

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhh.

And no I don't have a gallery, I'm going to start taking photos more regularly, then I'll make one =)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Beautiful pictures Genelle, I like the shots of the city at night and
airplane wing.

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Very nice.

Is the second shot a HDR?
HDR is a technique you can perform to increase the dynamic range of a photo, but a lot of the time it looks fake and silly though if done properly it can look really cool. You usually do it by shooting three or so separate images at varying exposures then superimposing them on top of each-other.

Well that's my lesson for the day!!! :p

Do you have a gallery of your photos Genelle???
this is an example of HDR that is a bit extreme on pulling out different settings

edit....

here is a more "wisely" example... not my work...

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Yeah that is "overkill" HDR, it can look cool if used in the right context but I am not a fan of it in normal photography tbh unless used properly. I will try to find some examples of it being used wisely.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Good use of HDR:

In the end I prefer using filters though to keep the sky and ground both well exposed and not blowing each-other out but HDR can be used really well for some great effects.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good use of HDR:

In the end I prefer using filters though to keep the sky and ground both well exposed and not blowing each-other out but HDR can be used really well for some great effects.
Yes, I'd agree that this is a good, subtle use of the technique. (Technically speaking you can't "overdo" HDR. It's the tonemapping that is sometimes overdone by cranking the settings up to the "My eyeballs are bleeding!" level. :))

At the end of the day, there's no right and wrong use of the technique. It all depends on the result that the photographer is trying to get, or the type of image they're trying to convey. Like all art, it's a matter of personal taste.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts