Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to have my senior pictures taken tomorrow morning. besides the plain drape picture that's going in the yearbook, i have to take 3 sets of casual pictures and several involving a prop (i'm taking my guitar with me :roll). i'm terrified. and i think i have to go by myself to the appointment, because both of my parents have other things to do. does anyone have any advice for how to cope and not have a panic attack when i get there? o_O'

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
Just don't think about it. If you're camera shy, then try to build a bit of confidence. If the picture comes out bad, laugh and say "Yeah I look horrible in pictures" or, be more defensive, and if it comes out bad, don't worry about it.

When you get there, just do what you need to do. If you feel a panic attack coming on, try to escape to a bathroom, or step outside for 'some fresh air' (That one works 99 percent of the time) or say you're claustrophobic. Either way, I'm sure you'll do fine :)

·
Banned
2,173 Posts
I think the key here is to not build up the occasion too much. It reminds me of that golf player who became worse and worse at his game, the more he analysed his techniques. So basically, try not to think about it too much, and attempt to 'flow with the current'. The more you analyse it, the more frightening it is going to get, and you will just make yourself more nervous tomorrow.

Oh, and i'm sure you are going to look great in those pics:).

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update: pictures went fairly well. it turns out photographers are good at making their models comfortable (except the outdoor guy, but i think he was just irritable from the heat) :p so hopefully the pictures will come out well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts