Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone here into photography?
i'm thinking about getting a camera and making photography a hobby, but i dunno....my bf says he thinks id be really good at it. i need a hobby, i just don't know what.
photography is cool but i wouldnt know what to take pictures of
one time i was unbelievably mad ,cause i was outside, and the sky was GORGEOUS. there was a full moon, beautiful clouds, and it was just really amazing, and i wanted a picture of it, but didnt have a camera

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like photography and think it could be a great hobby: unfortunately, I'm rubbish at taking pictures. If you want half of a subject, or a picture of the floor, then I'm your girl. ;) That said, I suppose if I practised more, then odds are I might improve.

As for subject matter: I guess just snap whatever *you* think is interesting?

I have a variety of hobbies. What sort of things interest you?

·
Registered
254 Posts
hey laura,
I think that is an excellant hobby!,
theres so much you can do with photos these days, on the computer..make cards ect...

when I was in college I learned to develope
my own black and whites..to me that was a blast..one of my dreams is to have my own dark room....

the only down side with photography,and I guess anything else to do with the Arts, is that it can get expensive....

debs

·
Old Fogie
419 Posts
I've played with photography a little. I use to have a B/W darkroom. Now I just use a film scanner to get them on the computer. I also have several digital cameras now. I haven't done much with it lately because of my SA and depression. The camera and tripod seems to attract attention from people and that makes me nervous / self conscious. Now that I'm on some new meds I'm hoping I'll be able to get out with the camera a little more this summer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm really into photography. I prefer digital cameras since you save so much money on film, so you can take lots of pictures without having to pay more (which is good if you're just starting out, so you can experiment with different techniques). I got a 3.2 megapixel Canon for about $250, and it does a good job (comperable to my old Yashica film camera). There are cheaper cameras, but don't expect high quality photos from a 2 megapixel camera.

As for what to take pictures of, just pay attention to the shapes around you as you go about your daily life, and I'm sure you'll find interesting things. Or you could go to a site like deviantart.com to get ideas. If you can get a few good photos, you can join sites like deviantart and then you can have the opportunity to talk to other people about pictures.

It helps to have photo editing software, too, so you can adjust things like contrast and brightness.

Well, I could go on and on about photography, but if you wanted a book you'd go to the library :lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love photography...I have one old totally manual camera that was my dads and I have a new automatic one, and a digital camera. I took a photo class in school and got to do all the develping and such, so that was all a lot of fun

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I've been kind of interested in photography ever since my parents got a digital camera about a year and a half ago. It's a rather cheap one, though, and I'm hoping to get a quality digital SLR before heading to college this summer. Here are a few photos I've snapped around my neighborhood over the past several months (the blossom one was just this afternoon, actually).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/a ... /ssjan.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/a ... s7/evg.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/a ... s7/bls.jpg

·
She-Wolf
5,984 Posts
I love photography. I bought a digital camera several months ago, I really love it.
The thing is though, I hate taking pictures in front of ppl...I guess with the SA and everything. So all the pictures I take are of things in my room.
I really want to get passed that feeling of embarrassment and nervousness when taking pictures around ppl and in public though....so many times I've seen things that I wished I could've taken a picture of and I always miss my chances.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love photography! I took so many pictures that I bought a photo album (I know I'll have to get another one though). I love taking pics of the sky, when it's clear, bright, and blue, a sunrise or sunset, and it's a beautiful pink/orange color...buildings, architecture. It's a very relaxing hobby...I do wish there was a way I could turn this into a career or something...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I Love photography, even went digital, I take pictures of anything and everything.........I enjoy it......Not saying I'm good at it, not bad, but I enjoy it, gets me out of myself;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.