Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I started my new job almost six months ago and somehow I've managed and kept the SAD under wraps. However, now I find myself panicking over some issues at work which has forced me to stay at home sick.

I know the issues aren't going to go away and now find myself in a situation that if I can't return to work next week I need to see the doctor - but I need to sign on with a new doctor cos I moved out of the area for my previous doctor but I can't plunk up the courage to go and register............................

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not knowing what the anxiety-causing situation is, it's difficult to give advice on it.... but avoiding the situation is most likely only going to make it that much harder to deal with down the road. Avoidant behavior doesn't solve the problems in our lives....it only makes them worse, and prolongs them until we eventually decide to deal with them. Plus, by the time you do deal with them, you'll have new problems to deal with as well, making it all the more difficult to deal with the original problems. Now when you do finally return to work, you'll not only have to deal with the anxiety causing issue, but you'll also have to deal with questions from the boss and all of your co-workers inquiring about why you were out, and probably deal with issues that happened while you were away. I'd personally find that to be gutwrenchingly stressful.

·
APRA
257 Posts
I've heard ppl have made appointments through a letter. i personally have never done this so idk if it'll work. I hope everything works out keep us posted :).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks..............................................

As in most cases, in my mind I want to do things but its the physical side that lets me down....................................I just can't seem to manage it even if I have clear in my mind what I need to do in practice it all falls apart!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts