Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling people is one of my biggest fears. The only people I can call without feeling anxious are a couple of close friends, so anybody else is pretty much out of the question.

Anyway, today my brother and I are going out for dinner with our grandparents at a restaurant, so my brother asked if I could call them so we can agree on time and where to meet.

Needless to say, it scared the hell outta me, but I couldn't say no and blow my cover, now could I? :afr

First I waited for a couple of hours hoping that they would call us instead, but of course that didn't happen. So finally I was able to muster a tiny bit of courage and dialed their number. After it had rung 5 times or so, I hung up, sweating and with my heart rate going through the roof.

About 15 minutes later I tried again. It only rang once or twice before my grandfather answered. I don't know where it came from, but after he said hello, I calmly introduced myself and we arranged things. :banana

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Pongle,

Way to go! I'd give that a boogie :boogie and an ovation :clap :clap :clap!

·
Registered
42 Posts
congrats pongle! It is still one of the fears I have to face. I end up loosing people because of this, they all think I don't want to be friends, but it's just my damn phone phobia, and then when I tell a few people about it, they think I'm lying, just an excuse to not call them. So frustrating. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.