Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gimme Sympathy
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a phone interview tomorrow with a job I REALLY REALLY want to get and I want to know if there are any tips/suggestions that any of you can offer.
Like a true SA-er, real interviews are tough on me, but I've never done a phone interview before and don't know what to expect (it's for a congressional office). I absolutely hate talking on the phone because I never know when the person on the other end is through talking so I always end up interrupting and half the convo ends up being both parties having to repeat themselves and the inevitable "ok, you go/no go ahead/you were saying" type comments. Plus the same feelings about being judged about what you say/how you say it that apply to regular situations come out here. How can i fix this is say, 24hrs time?

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Hmm, perhaps you'll be able to find some recorded phone interviews or some such to help you out on YouTube. Whenever I'm unsure of something, I can seemingly always find a magic video on YouTube that explains everything, as if YouTube is the answer to all of life's mysterious questions...

But yeah, I see you're in Miami. Heat sucks, idn'nit?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Remember to breathe.
Put on a nice shirt. If you look good it helps with how you feel.
Take a second to think about the answers that you're giving, but don't take to long.
Smile! Believe it or not a smile does come across the phone lines.

Break a leg!
(and don't forget to breathe!)

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
I had to do a phone interview for my job I am still at. I was living in another state when they called me. I never expected to call me being three states away. Before they called me up here to meet in person the supervisor interviewed me. He just asked about what was on my resume and I responded. A few days after the phone interview he told me to come up here to meet in person. For some reason I wasn't nervous. I have done many interviews I was getting the hand of it. The in person interview went perfectly. They even took me to one of the group homes to meet the clients. The two clients I met instantly liked me. I was like a long lost friend. I knew I got the job. Usually they will give you a tour of the place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.