Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phone calls are one of my biggest issues. I always put them off and make them into a huge deal. I always check my caller id before I pick up and usually freak out a bit in my head before I do.

I'd been putting off calling a friend of mine, my ex's mother, for a few weeks now. And she left a bunch of messages. She knows what I deal with though, and finally I was able to call her today! It was lovely to hear from her, even though the conversation was a bit awkward because I was so anxious.

So that's my little triumph for the day. Now if only I could tackle returning the debt collector voice mail I received last week.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The phone is one of my biggest issues to! I always get really out of breath or start talking really loudly on the phone without realizing it because of my nerves, and conversations that should be relaxed become really awkward (although that happens to my conversations on and off the phone:().
Anyways, congrats on your triumph!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice one dawntoearth :) I hate taking and making phone calls to, but they have gotten easier with time. The more Ive done them the more relaxed Ive been. For some reason I still blush even while on the phone :?! lol

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Does anybody see this advertisement at the top and bottom of the page?
:lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.