Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The therapy groups are active, structured cognitive-behavioral groups. Everyone in the groups has social anxiety and is working to overcome it. Participating in the group is much easier than people expect. There is never any rational reason to be anxious about the therapy group. People fit in quickly and make acquaintances and friends easily.

More Info: http://www.socialanxietyinstitute.org/local.html
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 602.230.7316

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how much this actually costs for someone without insurance? I saw a few mentions of fees, but no actual amounts. I want to try this, but I don't really have a lot of money to throw around.

·
Registered
21 Posts
social anxiety institute

To anyone possibly interested in This group whether your in the phoenix area or not, I highly recommend you pursue it for treatment for your sa. I am Currently in the phoenix local group and i can garantee that this is probably one of the best and most effective ways to go about working on and treating your SA. This may come off as a little sales pitchish but to Be honest i just felt compelled to outreach to people in any way that i can. i had/have just as bad of sa as everyone else and after only 6 weeks of the group therapy i have already noticed starting to feel a little better about things. after every saturday session i feel so glad i volunteered for something anxiety-causing during the safe group environment and realizing that its always not as bad as you think its going to be. you do allot of therapy alone but the group aspect of it is awesome. i was nervous/anxious of the idea of a group therapy at first just as anybody with sa probably would, but now having been in it i can understand and appreciate its benefits. I think that theres allot more commonalities to people with this disorder than most people know or understand. most everything that your going through the other group members are also going through or at least can relate too. It wasn't easy for me personally to pursue this therapy group. I had little money, insurance wouldn't help pay, and i had to move down to phoenix from washington state. But i knew that whatever hardships i had to endure to make it into this group would be well worth the benefits i would receive from being in it. This has definitely proven to be true for me. you can't really put a price on (overcoming social anxiety)-happiness. I urge anyone who would like to overcome social anxiety that thinks they have even the slightest possiblity they could be in this group ,to pursue it. feel free to personal message me concerning any question about my experiences with it or for more information about the institute heres the website. http://www.socialanxietyinstitute.org/

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with GabrielAngel. If you are in need of treatment, do not be discouraged by the fees or the location. The SAI network of people are many and always ready to help fellow SA suffers. There are ways to make it happen. It never hurts to inquire. Also, check out the audio series, which can be completed from home.

My SA became very severe a couple of years ago when I was preparing for grad school. I tried therapy for anxiety in the past, but nothing helped. I was completely discouraged and started researching online... That's when I learned about SAD and found Dr. Richards at the SAI. Fortunately, I lived in Phoenix at the time. I completed the audio series, one full group (14 weeks) and continued to do the afternoon groups for two more sessions (approx. one year total). I also feel like a sales ad when promoting the group, but it absolutely changed my life. I moved to another state a year ago, am half way through my graduate program and I am having an amazing time. I love being in the classroom. I still get pretty nervous when doing presentations, but it isn't a big deal! Other areas of my life improved too. If anyone has questions about the group or my experience, PLEASE message me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts