Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Why are you messing with that stuff? Just stick with xanax and stims. And doesn't buspar work better when its taken with an SSRI? This might be broscience I dunno, just from what I remember. An SSRI would probably increase your sense of wellbeing and something like prozac would even give you more energy (assuming you have a typical response to it). The buspar and stims would probably alleviate some of the sexual side effects of SSRIs, although you might need a pde5 inhibitor. **** it I think all men should be taking tadalafil lol.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you messing with that stuff? Just stick with xanax and stims. And doesn't buspar work better when its taken with an SSRI? This might be broscience I dunno, just from what I remember. An SSRI would probably increase your sense of wellbeing and something like prozac would even give you more energy (assuming you have a typical response to it). The buspar and stims would probably alleviate some of the sexual side effects of SSRIs, although you might need a pde5 inhibitor. **** it I think all men should be taking tadalafil lol.
I'm actually off Buspar, it was a sugar pill IMO. It worked initially but pooped out.

Phenibut is great stuff too, I just think I need to drink more water? It works better than a benzo, IMO it feels like a benzo with mood enhancements. I am thinking about maybe going back on an SSRI.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm actually off Buspar, it was a sugar pill IMO. It worked initially but pooped out.

Phenibut is great stuff too, I just think I need to drink more water? It works better than a benzo, IMO it feels like a benzo with mood enhancements. I am thinking about maybe going back on an SSRI.
Oh yea, I remember about the buspar pooping out now, but like I said it might be more effective with an SSRI though and attenuate some of the negative effects from an SSRI. I've never taken it though. I stay away.from phenibut because I hear it has nasty withdrawals.

If you're only taking .5 mg of xanax, I find that I need 1 mg of either xanax or klonopin to truly feel freedom, on .5 mg there'll still be some anxiety, but it might be good in a way since you can work on it more of yourself instead of letting the drug take you along for the ride. But believe me, I'm one of those people that hates that idea, perhaps one day I will come around though. I like to rely on chemicals 99%. Klonopin might be better too than xanax depending on your circumstances, it lasts quite a long time. But xanax has more of a mood lift.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yea, I remember about the buspar pooping out now, but like I said it might be more effective with an SSRI though and attenuate some of the negative effects from an SSRI. I've never taken it though. I stay away.from phenibut because I hear it has nasty withdrawals.

If you're only taking .5 mg of xanax, I find that I need 1 mg of either xanax or klonopin to truly feel freedom, on .5 mg there'll still be some anxiety, but it might be good in a way since you can work on it more of yourself instead of letting the drug take you along for the ride. But believe me, I'm one of those people that hates that idea, perhaps one day I will come around though. I like to rely on chemicals 99%. Klonopin might be better too than xanax depending on your circumstances, it lasts quite a long time. But xanax has more of a mood lift.
Xanax Doesn't help me much, Valium has more a calming effect than xanax believe it or not. I called today to try a diff med in hopes that I find the right one.

IMO, I think of withdrawals as a medicine that kicks *** at something for a person, and then that effect poops out, requiring an increase in a dose.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Xanax Doesn't help me much, Valium has more a calming effect than xanax believe it or not. I called today to try a diff med in hopes that I find the right one.

IMO, I think of withdrawals as a medicine that kicks *** at something for a person, and then that effect poops out, requiring an increase in a dose.
Are you taking it for social anxiety, general anxiety or both?

In any case, my #1 vote is for klonopin, that stuff is gold.

I never liked it much until I took 4 mg, and started interacting with people and stuff, then I kept lowering the dose to 1 mg and was able attune the effects I had that were so pronounced at higher doses.

In any case, hopefully your doctor doesn't say "no more benzos" unless you dont want them anymore. good luck mate

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

I never liked it much until I took 4 mg, and started interacting with people and stuff, then I kept lowering the dose to 1 mg and was able attune the effects I had that were so pronounced at higher doses.

In any case, hopefully your doctor doesn't say "no more benzos" unless you dont want them anymore. good luck mate
Hey I might try 4 mg today and see how I go

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yea, I am not too worried because benzos barely benefit me. I gave xanax almost a month trial. So he really can't think I'm an addict. I still have left overs of Xanax.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Took 1.75mg and haven't had it in about a months time.
Strange, I never get a hangover, and in fact feel totally fine the next day. It's only the few times i've taken too much over too many days i've had an issue.

Everyone is different though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts