Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have been seeing a nathopath Dr. for approx. 1 yr. now, and she suggested for me to take Pharmagaba to ease my anxiety. She said to only take it if I feel I needed to. Of course I ALWAYS need to, when I go out anywhere!
It may have helped a wee bit, but not quite enough. Has anyone else tried it, or have heard of it?:)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I read the Pharmagaba product page and they claim it is "a bioactive form of GABA that crosses the blood-brain barrier". However I looked at the ingredients and it contains plain ol' GABA, not a modified version like phenibut. They are clearly lying; this will not enter the brain in any significant amounts and the high peripheral concentrations could cause side-effects.

Taking GABA is probably like people taking Imodium to get high. If you take insane amounts it might enter the brain in small amounts, but you will have such high amounts the other side of the BBB that it isn't worth it. In the case of Imodium, people get constipation that is so severe it can be fatal if untreated.

I generally stay away from GABAergic drugs as there is always a clear dose-dependent result of mental dumbing, memory impairment and more. I consider serotonin and dopamine more worthy targets; GABAergics are just a lazy solution.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Phenibut as needed is nice too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts