Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw "The human centripide" 1 and 2 and yesterday and now its all I can think of, all I can do is picture the people crawling and eating sh*t.......

199 Posts
perhaps you should watch some sit-coms or a comedy instead...that's what i do when i watch something that terrifies me. it helps me get my mind off of it.

just remember, it is only a movie :)

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to check this out one day. A guy at work was telling me about it.
Yeah its a good idea actually, 3 humans sharing 1 digestive sistem (Or the "complete" 12 if its the 2nd) its one of the few movies that actually affected me. You should see both actually, the second one was the one that creeped me the most, mainly couse the guy that makes it "enjoys" it too much.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
million dollar baby depressed me for weeks-- human centipede is a very disturbing movie!, its gonna take a while to get over it---- my suggenstion is to watch it over and over again just get used to it ,, take some of the sting out of it - dont just focus on the people eating **** focus on other aspects of the story... you have to take the power out of it !!!!!

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^I dont think I can watch it again...., but since it still affects me Ill have too make a try......, the sitcoms help a little but I still have the picture of the centipide..... Ill guess in a few more days ill get over it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You don't have to pay attention to garbage, don't worry about whether or not it pops up in your mind again, just tell yourself that you don't care about it and that it doesn't bother you. There isn't any trick that will make you immediately never think about it again, you just have to not care one way or the other and eventually your mind will think about it less and less until you've forgotten about it completely. I've found "exposure" to be pretty useless for this kind of thing, don't waste another second of your life watching it again and try to diminish your autonomic response whenever thoughts of it occur. Just realize that what you're experiencing is just a negative consequence of consciousness and not your fault so don't feel like you need to punish yourself for it.

·
inactive
4,029 Posts

Your mind is no longer on human centipedes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.