Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And are scared and or unable to get one, have you turned off the part of yourself that allows you to desire that? I have to a certain extent, but I'm definitely not asexual, so the feelings creep through and jump to the surface a lot, no matter how much I try to push them away.

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
I hear you, man. I'm right here too. I am very scared, and i'm sure if an attractive girl asked me out, or anything along those lines, I would severely tense up and I wouldn't be able to function. Even though I want a gf more than anything right now. It's sad, really because I see kids 14 years old with more game than me.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
And are scared and or unable to get one, have you turned off the part of yourself that allows you to desire that? I have to a certain extent, but I'm definitely not asexual, so the feelings creep through and jump to the surface a lot, no matter how much I try to push them away.
I hope you only mean temporarily...

It could be a great tool to be able to see girls as humans and nothing special

559 Posts
I try to convince myself that it doesn't bother, and try to keep busy to forget about it, but deep down inside it still does. I wish I could turn the part of my psyche off so bad.

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
I try to convince myself that it doesn't bother, and try to keep busy to forget about it, but deep down inside it still does. I wish I could turn the part of my psyche off so bad.
Omg that's just like me. I also wish I could turn that part of my brain off because I hate having to deal with it on a daily basis. Love is an emotion that has ruined me, and I would like to turn it off/get rid of it. Sounds crazy but i'm crazy.

·
Fading Away
564 Posts
I can't push it out of my mind it's all I think about anymore.

559 Posts
Omg that's just like me. I also wish I could turn that part of my brain off because I hate having to deal with it on a daily basis. Love is an emotion that has ruined me, and I would like to turn it off/get rid of it. Sounds crazy but i'm crazy.
LOL. If you're crazy, then I'm totally insane and should seriously be taken away in a straight jacket, like now. Ya, it can be really debilitating. There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about how much I want that for myself at least 50 times! I feel it has ruined me a lot too! I think it is a huge contributor to my depression, and general lack of motivation towards life. It sucks so bad! :mum But on the bright side....I guess the amount of repressed romantic desires we have might make us really great loving mates one day when someone finally realizes we exist and doesn't find us too repulsive to date and perhaps marry unlike the people who've become so jaded about dating/marriage/long term relationships from so much experience. :roll

·
Stay in your lane!
760 Posts
yea it's called everyday life

·
Registered
454 Posts
its really getting scary now. I'm 22 never had a girlfriend. I find my self noticing girls a lot less (well its in part due to me refusing to wear my glasses 24/7.) I want a friend I can tell everything too and human contact. Even without sex, Im kind of over that. Yes I am slowly turning a sexual (with slight bisexual thoughts, but i would never act on them, I'm sure its just desperation at this point). I think that If I don't get a girl soon it will be too late...sadly.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It's hard. Being deep in the closet doesn't help either because no one knows I like girls, and girls never hit on me. I think everyone just assumes I'm straight, and I'm pretty much going to be celibate forever :/

22 now, 23 in a few more months.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I try not to think about it as much as possible by distracting myself with other things, but it always comes back and hits me hard.......like when i see a loved up couple together or when i hear that yet another old friend is getting married.

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
I've never been a relationship.I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to approaching people whether it's friendship wise or relationship wise. Lately, I've been having thoughts of having thoughts of having some intimacy though..so I'm def. not asexual. I've had guys approach me, but they lose interest in me for many reasons that I can list: social awkwardness, being too quiet, being unable to talk about interesting topics etc. I seem to always attract the wrong type people anyway.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's hard. Being deep in the closet doesn't help either because no one knows I like girls, and girls never hit on me. I think everyone just assumes I'm straight, and I'm pretty much going to be celibate forever :/

22 now, 23 in a few more months.
i would suggest going to more parties near colleges. there are always random girls kissing at 2 am. I'm sure you can get some action there...

·
banana enthusiast
7,078 Posts
No, my desire for a girl only increases with time. When I sleep now, I hug a pillow and pretend it's a girl.

But I wouldn't exactly say it depresses me, in the usual sense. I quite enjoy the fantasies, even though the desire to actually get a girl is strong. Not fulfilling the desire isn't something that 'torments' my mind - it just fills me with an intense longing that wishes to be fulfilled.

·
I have to feed my dog
1,889 Posts
its really getting scary now. I'm 22 never had a girlfriend. I find my self noticing girls a lot less (well its in part due to me refusing to wear my glasses 24/7.) I want a friend I can tell everything too and human contact. Even without sex, Im kind of over that. Yes I am slowly turning a sexual (with slight bisexual thoughts, but i would never act on them, I'm sure its just desperation at this point). I think that If I don't get a girl soon it will be too late...sadly.
It's never too late! I know of a guy who didn't get a gf until he was 25. I'm sure there have been people who had one way later than that too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah I never had a girlfriend, no girl has ever even talked to me on her own throughtout my 2 years at college (unless it was for like a piece of paper or class information), no girl probably ever will beacause no girl really cares, or I am super hideous, but you have to push through it I guess...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.