Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm having some issues. My boyfriend said on Saturday that he would call me the next day, Sunday, after he got home from work. Well, the night went by and I did not receive a call. I ended up texting him over the night saying "hey, you never called back like you said you would" and he sent me a message on FB saying he was sorry and that he forgot. Communication is important to me which I've mentioned before to him. If I tell someone that I'm going to call them, I make sure that I do (or I will at least send a courtesy text saying that I can't talk which takes a whole of 2 seconds). It's not the fact that he didn't call, it's that he said he would and didn't. I guess it hurt my feelings knowing that I don't forget stuff like that. My thought process went like this-
forgetting phone call=forgetting me= not thinking about me=I'm unimportant.

I know this really isn't a big deal and the issue lies with my own insecurities but it still upset me a little bit. I take people's words very seriously and when they say they're going to do something, I expect them to do it, otherwise they shouldn't of said it to begin with.

I decided I wanted to be honest and said exactly that but now I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do. But it did feel better than to keep it in and let it fester. I just don't want to come off as needy or clingy. Relationships are new to me and I don't want to ruin it with my neuroticism.

Anyone else feel the same when people don't call you back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts