·
Banned
177,223 Posts
It's highly annoying. :twak

·
Alien Inside
1,039 Posts
Its absolutely annoying for sure! I'd like to rip their lips off..:D:D:D j/k
In some Asian cultures thou, lip smaking and eating loudly is higly acceptable and shows you think the cook did a great job.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I eat extremely slow. I eat carefully, chew slowly and thouroughly, and avoid getting any food on my lips. Everyone makes fun of how slow I am, but at least I'm not gross. I find it disgusting the way some people eat and sometimes I lose my appetite watching them. Also, eating is a chore to me and I hate that life requires killing and eating other life.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Yuck! That has got to be my biggest pet peeve!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Annoying.....I thought only my dog used to do that :lol.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
It's funny-I have a relative that never does that when eating-but if he has gum he openly smacks away.- How can someone understand it's rude when eating yet not apply that same rule to gum chewing? It's all I can do not to say something.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
What's worse is when they smack their lips then slurp their drink aww man you wanna just strangle them lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
In Japan, isn't it polite to "smack their lips" while you're eating. It shows kindness to the person that cooked the meal. Or was that slurping?
I thought that was burping/belching and if you cover your mouth it's like you're trying to hide your satisfaction.

Either way I think most are probably westernized now to the point where they don't care.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts