Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In class today, our teacher wanted to know if we liked a movie we all watched yesterday for the class.. He said, "so guys, how did you like the movie?" and everyone said, "we loved it." Our teacher then said, "Good. If you didn't like it, you should leave right now." And this kid sitting next to him, the ****ing teachers pet, pointed to the back wall where I sat and said, "IT WOULD BE FUNNY IF SOMEONE WHO NEVER TALKS GOT UP RIGHT NOW AND WALKED OUT HAHAHA." I know he meant me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I HATE THAT. Just leave us alone!

The other day everyone was going to get snacks before class started and someone asked if I wanted anything (a total surprise, but it was nice) and I politely declined then a guy was like, "I've figured it out! She's a robot!" I didn't know what to say. It just makes me feel more abnormal...

Thanks for sharing. Just think if we all went to the same school we would out number these extroverts and they would be the 'weird' ones :)

·
Noona
3,492 Posts
He could have been taking a jab at you or another quiet student in the class. Having SA has its downfalls, like people wanting you to talk or finding you strange because you don't. Keep your head up and don't let him see that he's bothered you.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
He could have been taking a jab at you or another quiet student in the class. Having SA has its downfalls, like people wanting you to talk or finding you strange because you don't. Keep your head up and don't let him see that he's bothered you.
This is exactly what I would say. As SAers, we are like 213% more likely than the average Joe to take things internally, when they should not be.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
"Fine this class sucks anyway, what teacher would let everyone watch High School Musical 2 all over again unless he was a pedo."

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ugh that is the worst feeling in the world. As if we don't already feel the shame of being silent. I remember in highschool on the volley ball team we had to go around and say our goals. I said my share like 2 minutes because I was really into the game, but everyone looked at me all dumbfounded and one girl said "that was the most I've ever heard you talk, ever."

Or once I was in art class on lunch finishing a painting and other kids came in and were like "oh look at her being a loner over there" in a joking way. I laughed a little as if to say yeah I'm cool with you poking fun at me. But they didn't come sit with me.

And another time I was in a small group and like, I WAS talking just not a lot and mostly just going off what other people said.. And a girl said about me "she doesn't talk, why don't you talk?" She asked me. I felt stupid and wanted to die.

Worst feeling ever!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
People sure do love to point it out. :|
But that guy was obviously just a total ignorant jerk.

People notice how quiet I am within the first few minutes of meeting me. And for some reason find it oh-so-important to mention it. In the past, people literally have come up to me and asked "WHY ARE YOU SO QUIET?" on the first day they ever saw me.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugh that is the worst feeling in the world. As if we don't already feel the shame of being silent. I remember in highschool on the volley ball team we had to go around and say our goals. I said my share like 2 minutes because I was really into the game, but everyone looked at me all dumbfounded and one girl said "that was the most I've ever heard you talk, ever."

Or once I was in art class on lunch finishing a painting and other kids came in and were like "oh look at her being a loner over there" in a joking way. I laughed a little as if to say yeah I'm cool with you poking fun at me. But they didn't come sit with me.

And another time I was in a small group and like, I WAS talking just not a lot and mostly just going off what other people said.. And a girl said about me "she doesn't talk, why don't you talk?" She asked me. I felt stupid and wanted to die.

Worst feeling ever!!!!!
I HATE that people have to point it out. I'm trying so hard to change, and all the CB Therapy I've been doing has just been whipped away by that dick.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you feel like he was picking on you? :huh
Yea. It's basically the same story since high school. I don't think I'll go to that class next week. The teacher jabs at me too now and then. This one time, he recited Shakespeare while doing ab crunches, and it was so hilarious that I could not control my laughter. When he got up, he stared at me and said, "hey look, Kathryn's actually laughing! Even KATHRYN liked it!"
Ugh. People make me feel like a circus freak.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Brings back memories of middle and high school... one time I had to do a presentation, and as soon as I start talking some guy in class says "HE TALKS". It was embarrassing to say the least.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used to get made fun of for being the really quiet nervous guy in class, but now I play the "calm/collected - still weird guy" card.

I feel like I make everyone uncomfortable because I never talk even though they obviously want me to talk... :-/

·
Fabulously Awkward
733 Posts
I used to be called "The Girl Who Never Talks." Seriously. Is it too much trouble to ask me what my actual name is? -_-
What really pissed me off was when I did work up the courage to say something, and my classmates reacted with such astonishment you'd think they saw a real Flying Spaghetti Monster. It embarrassed me so much that I wanted to stay quiet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I used to be called "The Girl Who Never Talks." Seriously. Is it too much trouble to ask me what my actual name is? -_-
What really pissed me off was when I did work up the courage to say something, and my classmates reacted with such astonishment you'd think they saw a real Flying Spaghetti Monster. It embarrassed me so much that I wanted to stay quiet.
This.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I often feel that, for someone with SA, no matter how you act, you'll get made fun of anyway. It's retarded how people work these days.

Throughout HS I was either too quiet or too loud. I have a good sense of humor and laugh at things quite easily, yet that would equal in people telling me to stfu. And if I was too quiet, people would think I still have issues.

I'm sorry this happened to you in class though. Even the way the teacher acted, as you described later, was pretty messed up. *sighs* I actually encountered teachers in my life who were kind to those who were very quiet. I guess deep down they were able to tell something is wrong with those who are quiet. Others... lord knows if someone dropped them on their heads as a baby.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Those jokes are the worsttttttt

I've been getting them a lot lately too. Trying to be "in on it" helps ease the embarrassment though..... a little bit. My familys favorite is "do you ever shutup"? when I haven't said anything for a while.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts