Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have found a place for people like me, Im 39 year old male, and I have always felt I have SA but it has never been a problem till a couple of months ago when my partner of 18 years said she wasn't happy and is leaving, I have three young kids. She has been my best friend and I don't really have any other friends or family.
I feel so lonely and sad, Im a decent, honest guy but I know its gonna be real hard because of my SA and I work from home. Just reaching out I suppose... from the relative safety of my keyboard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, you have definitely found a place for people like you. I'm extremely sorry to hear about you getting abounded by your partner, sounds like you're in a real difficult place at the moment and nothing I say will change that but there's one thing to remember, after a hurricane comes a rainbow! I know it's a bit cheesey and cliched but it's true, lightning never strikes the same place twice. I hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you, I can see it happening for you even as I write this. If you need someone to talk to or help I'm here. This being said, welcome to SA I hope you find what you're looking for here.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Softouch! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words, every day is different, sometimes down sometimes up but it helps that there is a place I can come where people understand where Im coming from.
hopefully reaching out here will eventually lead to me putting it in to practice in the physical world, Thanks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We all have to start somewhere, and there is no better place to begin than here.

Unfortunately, we have, or will in the future, experience the loss of someone important to us, whether by their passing, or by their leaving. What makes it worse is when that person is not only your partner, but also your best friend, so you will be grieving twice after they are gone. Since you have children together, you will be in each other's lives, and hopefully in a functional role of coexistence and co-parenting. Perhaps not right this minute, but eventually...all things are eventual.

Just remember to go through, and not try to just get over, the stages of grief, and keep in mind, albeit hard to do now, that with each change in your life, comes the opportunity to start anew and begin a new adventure.

Until you feel strong enough to stand on your own, this virtual world of support is always open and available to listen when you need to release your emotions or vent. It's not a pleasant process, but accepting the choice of your partner, and understanding that you are not to blame for her choice, is the first step in a long journey...and there are people out there willing and able to help you navigate through it.

Don't look back, and keep moving forward...{{{hugs}}}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts